• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best adjustments for a 2.8 @ 3.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daewood

what of these motherboard adjustments will be the best way to get a 2.8c up to a 3.2 speed?

Motherboard - MSI Neo 2 Pls

Frequency/Voltage Control:
Performance mode - Normal
D.O.T. Range - Disabled
D.O.T Mode - CPU only
CPU Ratio Selection - Locked
DRAM Frequency Selection - Auto
i can choose from these though:
266, 333, 400, Auto, 433, 450, 466, 500, 532, 501 (4:5), 533 (3:4)
Spread Spectrum - Enabled
Adjust CPU Bus Clock (Mhz) - 200
DDR Clock (Mhz) - 400
Adjust AGP/PCI Clock (Mhz) 66.66/33.33
CPU Vcore Adjust - no
Can Select no or yes
CPU Voltage (V) - 1.5250
DDR Power Voltage (V) - 2.60
AGP Voltage (V) - 1.50

so with that in mind can anyone tell me the best setting to raise my cpu up to 3.2 and by the way i am running 2 sticks of elixir 512 memory DDR

hm
i dont have that board but ...basicly
dram freq - auto
cpu - 229 mhz ( u said that u want 3.2)
agp /pci - lock at 66/33

tried that but the minute i get into the windows welcome screen it reboots on me it will do this until i set it back down to about 210 fsb

well i did what you said and it booted okay but it read my processor at 1.6 ghz what is the deal with that?

set your DRAM freq to 333 = 5:4..then raise your ddr voltage to its max...the try for 240FSB which will put you at 3.3GHz...if it doesnt work raise your vcore to about 1.550-1.575

hey thanx i did it but i only raised the fsb to 230 that is all i want to do and come to find out i have to load the performance mode and switch it to fast so that my memory can oc it booted at 3.22 but i have yet to burn in so i will do that later today but thank you again (by the way it will not oc at 229 fsb it reads it at 1.6ghz but it will oc at 230??? wierd huh)

if u have good cooling u can raise ur voltage up to 1.65 but that is max even for good cooling

Back