• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case Ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_AEoN

Registered
Apple PowerMac G5

Most beautiful and simplistic case I have ever seen. Apple came to my school's computer fair and were displaying one of these (along with one of their huge widescreen LCD's)

The front panel is fully perforated along with the back panel. Back has 2 80mm blowholes.

I don't belive they have any screenshots of the side panel but it's a lexan panel where you can see the MASSIVE heatsink over the G5 processor. No fan on the heatsink.

Btw the computer that was demo'ed had a total of 9 (!) fans in it. I put my ear right to the case and I could not hear a single sound (keep in mind this case is perforated).

I was impressed. Now where can I buy one so I can put my p4 in there? :D

Yeah its a sweet case. Its awesome how clean and simple the inside is. I especially like the divisions. :)

A nice case with a good design but nothing to pee you pants about. But like a sports car, its nice and fast but it would break the bank.

I really like the design too, but it seems like a design not built for upgrades, you can only have one cd drive without skilled modding, but still that is one nice looking case.

Thermally speaking, it looks really well designed.

I just don't think I'd want that thing sitting on my desk. A big screen covering the whole front of the case is a turn off.

This could turn into a mac vs pc thread afterall....because as you scroll down the page, they compare a poorly put together pc with a g5. Let me point out first that that is a horrible job of wiring and such. It is a jungle and a nightmare to just about anyone on these forums. Let me also point out that if you spend 3k on a system like that pc, you are retarded. It better be the fastest thing on the planet. Therefore, a 5-700 dollar pc put together poorly vs. a 3grand mac put together with precision engineering and design are being compared equally?, i think not.

sorry for the rant but i just had to point that out.

Lazlo Panaflex said:

This isnt a Mac Vs PC thread, its just about the case....:rolleyes:

Yaya, I was just kidding =p. I agree though, the case is pretty freaking amazing, for a mass-produced one I mean. I am pretty immune to Apple propaganda, but I honestly do think that they *did* spend a lot of time and money on the design of this case. Pretty sharp ^_^.

but 2-3k for a case come on. You would have to pull out the crap inside any way and it might be diffucult to mount. Personaly i dont like apple cases, they tend to make em difficult to upgrade and strip down.

Just wait a few years and the cases will start showing up on eBay. Or get to know an Apple employee and have him/her grab you the case from an RMA'd G5. :D

Back