• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Heatsink NOT requiring motherboard removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
clocker2 said:

Perhaps you have a different model than I.
I have the 7000cu and it mounts onto two brackets that are screwed into the motherboard.
You must access the rear of the board to install the bracket screws....

Ahhhh, I see you have an Athalon also. I have the AlCu and the brackets can be placed into the Intel retaining thingy....

clocker2 said:
Just out of idle curiosity, why must you remove your HDDs to take out the motherboard?

The Antec Performance series enclosures have the drive cages mounted in front of the motherboard. Fortunately, the cages have a quick release so I don't have to take out 24 screws every time :). Nonetheless, disconnecting 6 drives and removing them takes a few minutes.

And 37 I/O cables?
Surely you exaggerate...

Sorry, that should have read 17 IOs: slide scanner, flatbed scanner, PDA synch, card reader, two monitors, keyboard, mouse, 2 LANS, 4 audio connectors, TV out, Joystick and Steering wheel. Man, I love having these kind of problems :p

poopyman67 said:
I found my answer!!!!!! The gigabyte pro cool 3-d or whatever its called, no removal of mobo and performance within 1-2 C!!!!! Ohh yeah!! Gigabyte 2 the rescue!!

Cool Poopyman!

Let us know how you like that HSF and post your temps once it's installed. The reviews don't exactly gush over it, but they don't pan it either. It's definitely the best looking HSF out there!

get a thermaltake volcano 11 or spark 7 depending what processor you have and as far as pulling out the motherboard
just leave it in and tip case on side
i am lazy and thats what i did
easy if you have small fingers

I've actually done some more research, and have decided to go with the Swiftech MCX478-V, its gotten some really good reviews, and plus, u don't need 2 remove the mobo!! I'll tell you how it goes, I'm not going 2 get it immediately, but I prolly will withing the next month....

2 bad they dont offer that with the peltier, I would take off my mobo for that.... Peltier is soo cool.....

hafa said:

The Antec Performance series enclosures have the drive cages mounted in front of the motherboard. Fortunately, the cages have a quick release so I don't have to take out 24 screws every time :). Nonetheless, disconnecting 6 drives and removing them takes a few minutes.

Oh yeah! I love those! I just did some wire cleaning today and took out those cages and washed them. :D and I love the fan system they use. Just snap them in!

Back