• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Passive NB sink/cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i saw a little kit at a computer show, i think made by zalman... it had a tall heatsink that is just what you want i think.

plague said:
i saw a little kit at a computer show, i think made by zalman... it had a tall heatsink that is just what you want i think.

yea, i know what your talking about, but i havent seen it for sale in the usa.. just on some uk site, and they were out of stock.

I know this isn't the best, but it is good. The CoolJag 1U is one of the best, it is 18.00 @ 1coolpc.com (Thanks Sam for the information :) Yea anyways, it's really overdue on a northbridge but heck, ya need it anyways :p

Anything for you Yodums;)

My Shuttle didnt have any(ZIP) thermal paste on the Northbridge cooler, I slapped a little arctic silver 3 on it, but since I cut my Alpha Pal 15u to make it fit on my Radeon(well I only cut 2- 2cm cuts to the top left corner)

Anyway Im going to cut it up some more to make it fit on my Northbridge soon....NAturally I will try to make it fit without cutting it up...

But if you can get a Cooljag to fit on your Northbridge then thats the way to go as its one of the best IU coolers, according to an IU cooler roundup at anandtech, it beat the Alpha easily :mad:

An IU cooler will run circles around any Orb on any day :D Its just a question of will it fit.....

If you can watercool your 'North' thats the best solution.....Unless your a certified mentalcase and figure out a way to get a Vapochill type of setup goin on your Northy :)

Hey Silver, any idea where to get the 1U cooler you mentioned? I have been thinking about an active cooling solution on my NB, and found the an Orb is to big and circular and will hit a couple of the caps on my board. I figure that a square cooler will work better. Thanks for the heads up! :)

this is what i wanted, and i guess plycon got it w/o me knowing.. (i go there 24/7 to look at stuff :) )

well just looking at it, it wont line up. it looks to be the same hole layout as the Borb, Corb..

And i only have about a 1/4" on all 4 coners extra, so a u1 cooler wouldnt work.. i have an alpha153u thats been sanded and dermaled to hell and back to fit on my ti500, but im going to WC my ti500, so thats why i thought i could use the alpha.. well that would look really horrible if i cut it up that small.. and i may just get this sink below and maybe a 40/50mm fan and attach it to the side to blow acorss it.. not sure tho. heck, Silver's 50watt pelt would work great on this i think.. i wonder of this black sink below could dissapate the hest good enough?... hmmm :D

Dissolved said:
this is what i wanted, and i guess plycon got it w/o me knowing.. (i go there 24/7 to look at stuff :) )

.. i wonder of this black sink below could dissapate the hest good enough?... hmmm :D

I bet it would do a decent job, especially since its made to be passive cooled heatsink to begin with, add a fan on it and it would be a functional Zalman :D

I like that, "a functional Zalman"! :D :D Theey are great for non-OC'ed systems that run VERY cool CPU's but I've seen review after review where they always came in dead last if at all. To bad to since they are kind of cool and trippy.

Back