• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 A-RGB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is about time that engineers have come to their senses and making a cooler with a direct die. This is the one I am getting for my new gaming rig. Any thoughts on it?

for reference: https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB/ACFRE00145A

wowee... that looks amazing... new pump, new rad, new fans. and a choice of a single cable or cplit into 3 cables for more independent control (pump, vrm fan, rad fans)
those fans look great too. 22.5dbA (0.3 scone) moves almost 69 CFM at 2 mmh20 at 1900 rpm, with 12 A-RGB lights in the fan hub. I would consider using those as case fans to match the AIO in a new build if i could afford it when the new AMD chips hit the market.

PS, i like quiet fans that move a lot of air and have good static pressure

for reference: https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB/ACFRE00145A

wowee... that looks amazing... new pump, new rad, new fans. and a choice of a single cable or cplit into 3 cables for more independent control (pump, vrm fan, rad fans)
those fans look great too. 22.5dbA (0.3 scone) moves almost 69 CFM at 2 mmh20 at 1900 rpm, with 12 A-RGB lights in the fan hub. I would consider using those as case fans to match the AIO in a new build if i could afford it when the new AMD chips hit the market.

PS, i like quiet fans that move a lot of air and have good static pressure
I agree there is a utube video were the guy reviews and kicks @SS on temps. If anyone wants the link, I can give it to you.can give it to you. here is the link.

Well, did you plug it in? How does it perform? How are the temps? How's the pump noise?
We're months away from a complete system/powering it up. Dude's build is an epic saga, a d were getting random updates like this, in separate threads, lol.

I won't get into the Apevia brand
I will... trash! At least, I remember their 'power supplies' back in the day.... they were better labeled as kindling wood and starting fires than powering PCs. But yeah, Apevia has always been a bargain basement brand for everything in my head... but it's a fan so.... MEH.

I forgot/didn't see that he was replacing the Arctic fans. I'm not sure how much performance he'll going to lose, but it's an overkill unit anyway, so a few C wont make a difference with that massive AIO and mid-range CPU. I wouldn't swap them out on the AIO, either, but he has the headroom for any losses incurred by the move.

I will... trash! At least, I remember their 'power supplies' back in the day.... they were better labeled as kindling wood and starting fires than powering PCs. But yeah, Apevia has always been a bargain basement brand for everything in my head... but it's a fan so.... MEH.

I forgot/didn't see that he was replacing the Arctic fans. I'm not sure how much performance he'll going to lose, but it's an overkill unit anyway, so a few C wont make a difference with that massive AIO and mid-range CPU. I wouldn't swap them out on the AIO, either, but he has the headroom for any losses incurred by the move.
That's the experience I had with that brand also, I was younger and didn't know any better but thankfully I was home when that POS turned into a roman candle or it probably would have burnt my house down.

Back