• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best settings for 9700pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

does anyone know what the best settings are for a 9700pro. I can't get mine to outperform my geforce 2 ultra hardly

Hrm something is seriously wrong if your gf2 is scoring the same as your 9700. An xp2000+ is plenty of horsepower to take advantage of the 9700. Just what is your 9700 scoring? I would think you should be scoring over 12K.

I guess first off you need to check that you are not anti-aliasing and that you don't have anisotropic filtering turned on. Are you using the latest drivers? What OS are you running? Are you running at agp 4x?

For my 9700pro I was running it with default settings at 1024x786 with 32 bit in 3dmark 2001 se. My score was 6500. My geforce2ultra would get around 5100

hmm somethings definatly wrong try getting rid of all the old drivers then intall the latest ATi Catalyst on there. It should be way higher than that.

well i managed to get it up there a little bit. hitting 11k now. But now I'm freezin up when i play games

dansonang said:
lol
a 9700 can't even outperfrom a geforce2 . what a joke. it is supposed to score 10K OUT OF THE BOX...

Theres some thing obviously wrong with his comp.I get a 15888 with mine.

Back