• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming crashing more often with whea_uncorrectable_error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi,

I'm wondering what would cause "whea_uncorrectable_error" ?

Is it improper voltages, over-volt or under-volt ?

My setting now is vcore 1.400V ring 1.200V.
I'm also overclocking the GPU a little bit and boosting the fan to %55.

It has been working fine the last several days, playing everything, even cod mw2 without issues. And just now I was playing cod mw2 and I got the usual crash.

Last edited:
So, the short of it is, you aren't stable when overclocked, correct??? If you go back to stock everything, is it stable?

Thr system is pretty old at this point so it could be anything.... even a storage drive. :p

From my google-fu, I'm reading you shouldn't go past 1.25v-1.35v on the 47** series for 24/7, that would be 4.2ghz-4.4ghz? I remember with my 6700k I could do certain frequencies with relatively low voltages but suddenly hit one that took much more than the previous (someone here told me that that was usually the chip getting near the limit), might that be what's happening to you?

Not for extended periods, no.

I just think that's a tired system (and long in the tooth with 4c/8t unless it's just an office-type machine). But, I can't make heads or tails of where we're actually at, lol. Is 1.4V/1.2V at stock? What clocks? I'm assuming 'thanking' my previous post confirms the questions in it??????? KNOWCLEW, lol.

For me, it's time to put that bad boy back to all stock 'optimized defaults' in the BIOS and see what happens then after a couple of weeks.

What do the dumps say at the time of the BSOD? What is the actual BSOD code? Those details could help us out.

Recently whea_uncorrectable_error didn't occur almost entirely.

Now I'm a new more occurrence error which is VIDEO TDR FALIURE.

It happens when I launch COD MW2. I don't know what ACTIVISION did in the game updates.

I think the fact that it's nividia's recent driver problem is much less to me. I've installed different drivers to the last one.

I'm following solutions on a YouTube video:

I downloaded the program to test the problem that is causing all this, and until now this is the message the program gave me:

1706964928848.png

I just played far cry 6 for fair amount of time; like, half an hour without having any problems.

I'm really suspecting COD MW2.

That launcher is.....terribad. No doubt.

You click the icon on your desktop to launch the game and how far do you get, exactly?

Last edited:
This reminds me of the ordeal I went through with my system. Some games would crash upon startup, or crash after a few minutes of play while other games played fine. After chasing that dam rabid rabbit through hundreds of holes, I've replaced every part of my rig basically rebuilding it. Come to find out it was the last and final piece that gave me the brain tumor:

The graphics card :rolleyes:

That launcher is.....terribad. No doubt.

Which launcher you mean ?

You click the icon on your desktop to launch the game and hiw far do you get?

Do you mean COD MW2 or far cry 6 ?

If you mean COD MW2, then last games didn't last a half hour.

Far cry 6 and other games play fine.

This reminds me of the ordeal I went through with my system. Some games would crash upon startup, or crash after a few minutes of play while other games played fine. After chasing that dam rabid rabbit through hundreds of holes, I've replaced every part of my rig basically rebuilding it. Come to find out it was the last and final piece that gave me the brain tumor:

The graphics card :rolleyes:

It's a 1070 ti not an old piece of hardware on my system. It's touch to replace it.

But I can start with it, basically I'm planning to upgrade the system.

I was thinking of the CPU with a motherboard.

The i7-14700k is out now for $399. It will add up with the price of the motherboard.

The i7-12700k is for $264.99 it's at a nice price spot for me.

Currently COD MW2 is the main issue for me.

But if I started purchasing the upgrade parts, I would start with the GPU.
Post magically merged:

How about these cards ?

1. ASUS RTX™ 4060 Ti OC for $399:
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-DisplayPort-Axial-tech-Technology/dp/B0C42GBMNZ/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2134HTI00XASV&keywords=2070+ti&qid=1706974648&sprefix=2070,aps,238&sr=8-15&th=1

2. ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti (renewed) for $499.99:
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Graphics-DisplayPort-Military-Grade-Certification/dp/B09B38Z7DB/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2134HTI00XASV&keywords=2070+ti&qid=1706974648&sprefix=2070,aps,238&sr=8-7

COD. Perhaps I have the version wrong? The newest ones have that weird menu to sort through mw2/3 and the 420 game types. I didn't knkw if you hised there or got I to the game (I see you get into it).

I'd go 4060ti. Performance vs the 3070 is a bit less (4% at 2560x1440 according to tpu), but the RT performance is better. Either are a lot faster than your 1080ti.

Back