• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best under $35.00 HS for Q9400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr2xxx

Registered
After my foray with water cooling failed I'm in the market for a HS. I have a Antec 300 case with a standard Asus P5Q. I been searching and all these damn heatsinks start looking the same after awhile. SO what will fit my case and keep my comp. quiet with a mild overclock of say 3.2. Reason for the 35.00 limit is because if I go over that I would just try water cooling again since I have most of the parts.

I've looked Artic cooling Freezer Rev something or other and some Sunbeam thing abober that might do the thing. Also read about some ninjas, not sure if they were black or white ninjas? Im racist so I prefer my ninjas in brown:p ANy help will due guys. Thanks

Thanks for the help, but screw it. I think ill go for the best out there. Is the Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. the best I could get?

Thanks for the help, but screw it. I think ill go for the best out there. Is the Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. the best I could get?

LOL!!! There ya go!

Megahalems is a darn fine cooler - if you want to spend even more dough, go for the Black Shadow, which is basically a nickel plated Megahalems. Grab a pair of good CFM fans and you'll be all set.

TRUE is also good, but some of the bases have been everything but flat. Cogage True Spirit is a great cooler for the dough. Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is also getting some good reviews and already comes with two fans. Once you get to the top three or four coolers, they're all about the same, then it just comes down to how much noise you can stand from the fans.

The sunbeam CCF and Xigmatek HDT-s1283 are very very close to the TRUE and megahalems in cooling power (1-4*c off), the Xig. 1283 usually has free shipping from newegg at $36, can't beat that for price/performance.

Back