• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best web design software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Price isn't REALLY an issue since if he takes longer than the 30 day trial to make his website, it's taking too long. It should only take about a week of solid work and about 2 of moderate work.

Nobody would use crappy Windows notepad, anyway, when Notepad++ is available :p

yes so very true, but i think the days of writing code in notepad to make a site is rather tedious and almost pointless when so much of it can be automated and you can then go back over and tweak it as you want.

does anyone know a program like puplisher where you can put stuff exactly where you want it? because Dreamweaver makes it worse than a notepad doc.
how do i just free form place stuff. i found a free program thats better than ****ing dreamweaver.

i have to make a big *** website by Wednesday so i need to get a program that isnt a POFS.
ive got a crapton of stuff to do, and dont have time to spend 8 months looking for a freaking program.

sorry if i seem really ****ed of, because i am. not at you guys but a dreamweaver for not letting me just put stuff in places.

sorry about that last post guys, i can get ridiculously frustrated to the point of breaking things.

does anyone know how to make dreamweaver go to like free form mode or something?

Nview or Nvu or something like that is one i know works as such.

Nvu is now known as Kompozer - see my post above.

If you are really deadline-stricken, I wouldn't personally consider dreamweaver to be a "pick up and run" type program you could effectively learn and use for a large website within the span of 5 days.

Nvu/Kompozer is much easier to pick up and run with - the interface is similar working with a word document/excel spreadsheet. I found it a much less frustrating option relative to dreamweaver and frontpage, for what that's worth.

Honestly, considering your deadline you might want to consider hiring a freelance web designer to crank it out in a quick fashion.

Back