• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better condensation prevention...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

I could never get any of those foam rubber things to work for me. If I eneded up blocking condensation then the CPU wouldn't work (never quite figured that one out). Well I found a much better way to prevent the condensation... and it requires absolutely NO modification to the board, CPU, or socket... just lower the ambient temp. :)
Yea, I live in the mountains of NC and the average temp outside it usually 35F. I was having problems with condensation so I just installed a big window fan... problem solved. Of Course it's about 39F in my room right now, but I kinda like it. Ever since I got TBird my peltier hasn't been quite as cold, but at least I don't have to worry about my CPU shorting out.

Extreme Measures for Extreme Cooling!

-=mac=-
"What's so great about having a life... it's not like you can overclock it."

hell, do you think having an always on program that maxes out the CPU would do the trick? (SETI@home, distributed.net, Prime95, stuff like that...)

I used distributed.net to keep my chip from sitting at sub zero temps while my peltier-watercooler was hooked up. Did the trick nicely....

Back