• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF 2042 Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea that does say a lot. I see this quickly moving to a f2p on origin like they did with BF1. I'll probably give it a shot then but no chance of wasting money on it at this point.

BF1 didn't go F2P, they gave it away for a week or two. same as BF4, and BFV leading up to release

Wasn't BF1 the one they included with Origin from the start? I might be getting my BF games mixed up but I thought it was the latest before the new one.

Wasn't BF1 the one they included with Origin from the start? I might be getting my BF games mixed up but I thought it was the latest before the new one.

The one previous to 2042 was Battlefield V [5] which was the WW2 one, which still wasn't free and was given away as previously mentioned during a promotion. prior to BF1 was Hardline, then BF4 and so forth going backwards.

I mean...............

Battlefield 2042 "mouse not working" fixes
Delete your whole settings folder

Deleting your Battlefield 2042 settings folder is the faster, scorched-earth solution to this strange aiming bug. You'll lose all of your custom controls and graphics settings, but on the upside, you'll now be able to use a gun in this game about using guns. The settings folder is in your Documents folder in Windows.

1. Browse to C:\Users\[Your Account Name]\Documents\Battlefield 2042
2. Delete the the entire Battlefield 2042 folder (don't worry, this isn't your game save, just your settings)
3. Restart Battlefield 2042
4. A new folder should be created with default settings
5. Adjust your settings in-game as needed

Seriously.. the new patch unbinds the x-axis on your mouse.......:facepalm:

Embarrassing.

almost as much as the new 'holiday' skins. Santa Boris with the Santa Tank and Nightbird.

The one previous to 2042 was Battlefield V [5] which was the WW2 one, which still wasn't free and was given away as previously mentioned during a promotion. prior to BF1 was Hardline, then BF4 and so forth going backwards.

Yea that's the one I was thinking of. It was given away free to Origin subscribers which is how I played it.

Bumping this thread, as this game is now unplayable after upgrading my GPU, RAM and PSU.

I am getting 100% CPU usage even just sitting in the menus. I just upgraded my GPU from a Asus Strix GTX960 to a Asus RTX3070Ti. PSU from a 650w to 850w and RAM from 16 GB to 32.

I was able to play before without many issues aside from low FPS. Now I am getting serious input lag from the keyboard and still getting around 30 FPS.

I have my i5 7600K OCed to 4.5. Does not make sense why I could play it before with lower end components but not now with upgrades, with the same CPU? I know BF has tons of issues and see people running the high end CPUs - i9s, i7s with the same issues. I am hesitant to go ahead and upgrade my CPU and mobo now because that might not even be the issue.

Last edited:
I assume you installed the latest graphics drivers? 7600K should still play BF OK.

Did you uninstall, DL and reinstall the game?

I assume you installed the latest graphics drivers? 7600K should still play BF OK.

Did you uninstall, DL and reinstall the game?

I do have the latest drivers. I havent uninstalled it yet, I assume I wont lose any of my game progress correct? Should be all tied to my EA account.

I'll give that a try I guess.

Hard to say if was the most recent BF update or something with my system, as I was in the middle of rebuilding my rig when the latest update come out.

Back