• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 choppy after reformat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feydd

I just put battlefield 2 back on my system after a fresh install and now it's twice as choppy as it was before. I don't get this, their are half as many processes running in memory as their used to be and none of the files are fragmented now. Instead of a performance gain everything is even choppier at the start of maps. Any one have any idea why this is happening? :bang head

Yea and it just occured to me that I pumped up all my settings to high after installing my x800xt. Could the increased textures be doing this?

yes an increase on settings can cause choppiness. I can run the game fine on my machine w/ most setting on high, but if they are all maxed out I will get choppiness. Turn down AA and shadows and let us know how it runs.

Captain Newbie said:
BF2 and choppiness go hand in hand. :)

Go easy on the textures. Even consider getting more RAM.

Just got the hard disk and video card part of my system upgraded RAM is next. Flying at mach makes it hard to notice the details in the textures any ways. :)

1GB of ram with a 3400+ and 6800GT AGP made me run at 1280x1024 with most medium settings with 2 or 3 high settings.

2GB of ram with a 3400+ and 6800GT AGP made me run at 1280x1024 with most high settings with 2 or 3 medium settings. Plus I noticed a huge difference with alt-tabbing for other things, definitely go with 2GB, worth the performance upgrade.

just a point that i feel should be noted, EA has stated that the new SF maps are not fully optimised for BF2, so in other words: you're going to get worse performance in SF maps than you are in regular maps at the same settings.

BTW EA has also announced that they're working on the 1.13 patch to fix the new issues (i'm hoping that this includes optimising the new maps)

Back