• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BigHam Wood Project 02

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is How the rad mount. ( I will use 1inche nuts next time. ) but i keep missing some hole and its "?/"?/" me!!!!
P1000564.jpg
P1000563.jpg
P1000562.jpg

EDIT new PIC
P1000574.jpg
P1000577.jpg
P1000576.jpg
I had this Idea when cuting my fan hole... an easy way to remove the motherboard and put it in the computer!!! Omg Im so intellegent! It work Fine Fine Fine ;) had to bigger the hole a little to make it easier to remove/install.
P1000575.jpg
Beautifull hand :) Nothing assembled together yet.
P1000578.jpg

Installing everything with the OLD mobo... Just to make sure everything is alright.

Last edited:
Hiya Guys DiD a lot of thing today, School canceled because of something... here is pic
TOO MUCH SCREW"?&/!"/?"!?/!
P1000581.jpg
P1000582.jpg
P1000583.jpg
P1000584.jpg
P1000585.jpg
P1000586.jpg
Case assembled 1/2
P1000587.jpg
P1000588.jpg
P1000589.jpg

EDIT 2 : made mobo **cable management hole**
P1000590.jpg
I might just sand the purple look to the **plywood** look and paint it black or something like that. because it look really bad like this

Last edited:
New Pic! Front side mounted!!!! Next thing is side panel Sanding to make everything perfect and i might smooth the rough edge to make it clean :)

I Have some idea that came in my mind... Should I Include an acrylic panel... with some fancy design :)
- Should I do a Cut for an acrylic pannel on top... Roar. its only 15$ an acrylic pannel at home depot :)...
Done with speaking here is some pic...
P1000591.jpg
P1000592.jpg

Top done, Fit perfectly :) still need to screw it in! still in process to think for a window mods.
P1000594.jpg
P1000593.jpg
P1000596.jpg
P1000595.jpg
Still need to sand to make edge perfect.

In the process of testing of staining? the wood with different stain... (used wordreference )

Last edited:
OmG Im Stuck, can't find an idea for mouting the HDD... Any Clue Anyone? :)
Was supossed to finish it during aprils fools weekend but,, couldnt find an idea to mount HDD in there...
help!

You really only need to support/fasten one side of an HD, so why not just take a somewhat oversize piece of wood (thicker than the HD) and bolt that to the HD (with #6-32) and then screw the piece of wood anywhere to the inside of the case. Otherwise, you could fabricate your own cage out of aluminum plate and angle. Here is what I've done:

HDCage1.jpg

Okay some update... I has been REALLY busy and LAZY this weeek... and havent really did something... but! I did that!
One side is sanded other is not.
Sanded side look more gray...
P1000625.jpg
P1000626.jpg
The other **colors**
P1000621.jpg
P1000624.jpg
Image of both
P1000623.jpg
P1000622.jpg
I personaly like both... maybe the dark brownish one look more **nice for me** but the light one look nice also! what do u prefer!

The number of screws for attaching the panels is just silly. No point at all in using that many. The cuts seem rough too, not flat/straight and such, maybe its just the pics though. Anyway, I like the custom approach. Keep up the good work!

Oh... it'll hurt :D Soon as you need to take a panel off and find that your screw gun won't fit in or the battery is dead lol.

Oh... it'll hurt :D Soon as you need to take a panel off and find that your screw gun won't fit in or the battery is dead lol.

Hehe +_+ That why i made an easy removable mobo tray :) as for HDD thing... im still in the process of making something... busy life...
For the battery. I have a screw gun that u plug in the electricity plug? so it never run out of juice ;)

Back