• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black ThermoEngine Turbo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Just bought this heatsink with the screaming delta fan from Azzo.com. HardOCP rated this configuration tops for Pentium aircooled processors as long as it's the black anodized with the delta fan. Review was quite impressive.

Looks pretty cool too. I'll let you know how it works in a few days. Should be in on Tue/Wed.

I read a couple other good things about it other than just HardOCP. I'm aware of their overly strict and uncompromising attitudes on their boards. Why I don't go there.

I have a FOP32 as well though, so if it's not all that great guess where that Delta fan's going? FOP38 in the making which I know is a terrific air cooler.

Still think it will be a good heatsink though.

It seems some of the variations in the ThermoEngine may haveto the how much goop they stuff in the heat pipe. Hope yours works out.

As far as the other forums mentioned, I agree but since they have such a large membership, I have been able to help a bunch of folks with KT series voltage mods and cooling problems. That’s the only reason I spend any time there.

May need your help in the near future. Next system will be AMD with possibly a KT7A RAID board. Thinking along the lines of that or IWill's new board. Haven't decided yet but have time to think about it. Be a couple months before I get the cash.

I would be happy to help. Thinking about a KT7A-R myself since the KT7-R is running out of multiplier headroom.

Yeah, we who are primarily limited to multiplier experimenting are getting envious of those of you with variable FSB ;-)

Hoot

Back