• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Borging Time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
I am going to be borging some computers soon. I just got an influx of new customers for pc repairing and building, so I will be installing folding in a bunch of places. The new one click install that Wedo made will work on what systems? I just don't want to install it on a 500mhz celeron and have problems with the flags and junk. If I have to I can carry around two different versions of the installation, but I just need to know what works with what. Also, looking for a pen drive for this mission...My Wanted Thread . Thanks!

Matt

The one click works on Windows 2000 and XP. It DOES NOT work with Windows 98 or 95 but there is a way to COMPLETELY stealth the graphical client on Win98 and make it run as a service, I am sure that if I knew about programming like Wedo does, it could be a Win98 One-Click. I know Nitro-Boie made one for Win98 but it still showed an icon in the startup menu but with the Hideitx logo. This one is completely in the back as a service JUST like the XP/2000 One-Click.

Yup, the One-Click will work on all 800Mhz and higher cpu's running Win2K (all versions), Win2K3, or XP (Pro and Home). Nitro Boi did indeed make a slick Win9X install and you can find it in the "Ultimate FAH Install Guide" about 2/3's down in the first post.

Wedo

Thanks for the info guys. I will try my best, we'll see what happens.

Matt

Did you ask these people or are you going to just go ahead and install it anyways? Becuase if you did ask, I may need some tips because I am going to go meet with the person at school to ask permission.

@md0Cer said:
Did you ask these people or are you going to just go ahead and install it anyways? Becuase if you did ask, I may need some tips because I am going to go meet with the person at school to ask permission.

A combination of both...hehe.

Matt

Back