• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bp6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

Anybody else still running this board? If so what are you running? Just got mine back up in SMP yesterday with dual 500's for SETI. Its been the home to several diferent CPU's over the past few years

gotta be someone... I had at least 2 real-life friends who had BP6's.... they're a part of SMP lore, probably the most popular SMP board ever made.

Dual 366 Celly's OC'd to 550/768 MB of ram

I love my BP6 that is what runs the UT Server and Fileserver for my network.

J :cool:

deez- You got me restarted on the BP6.

V1.1 with chipset fan and all the mods. Dual 300A SL36A @ 558MHz 2.1v with Intel PIII factory HS/Fan's.

One will run WIN2000 600MHz 2.3v, the other just DOS. It would be nice to find another 600MHz 300a but at 558MHz this BP6 produces 5 SETI wu's/day.

The BP6 is a classic IMHO. A dual Duron would have been a nice followup instead of the VP6.

Harvey

Yeah it is a classic. It was a classic thorn in Intel's side too. Man how they hated that board....

I dont think I could ever get rid of it. I will find a use for it as the wife wants a P4 system. I haven't modded it except for a blorb on the chipset.

Nice cheap little system.

wow...I'm surprised that so many here still use the ole BP6. I just cant seem to kill mine no matter what I've done to it over the years.

hallen...I haven't OC'ed your 500 yet so I'm running at stock speed and my times are about 14-15 hours per WU. I used a retail Tualatin cele HSF but i had to hacksaw off some of the HSF to clear the caps and it definitely needs lapping so my temps are a bit high. Might just pick up a FOP32 or something.

i also still use mine, dual 433's, but on every computersale i'm looking for some 533's

I use it almost daily, it is my working computer, for school and for my business. those 2 433's are still very nice while running Word, Excel, Flash, and more programs at once.

Yep, this board is and was great. I'm currently running one with two Celeron 500's at default speed. Has had great uptime as a Linux server (Quake 3 dedicated + ftp + SETI).
Only has one quirk but it seems to be just my luck, it fails to reboot properly after a warm reset and it has to cool off to boot properly. It just beeps if you don't (code is memory error but nothing wrong with the memory).

Got a pair of 533 Celerons running at 600 w/ 2 GlobalWin HSFs. One goes higher by itself, but the other doesn't like to go too far. Got 2K server running on it. Real stable board.

hallen said:
deez said:
These PIII Intel's do a great job and fit out of the box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2013816423

Seller says he has quantity. Do you want me to pick up a couple of extras?

Harvey

missed it... oh well let me know if you see anything else like this

Nordic said:
Only has one quirk but it seems to be just my luck, it fails to reboot properly after a warm reset and it has to cool off to boot properly. It just beeps if you don't (code is memory error but nothing wrong with the memory).

I get this problem occasionally too but if you just let it sit for an hour or so it boots right up again. Sometimes removing the RAM and CPU and putting them back in will allow me to boot again immediately

yea i have a bp6 its one of my favorite boards. its the only intel system i own anymore a set of dual celeron 366 oced to 550 it with 640mb of ram running my web server

h20link said:
so does this board need special cellies or PII/III's? i've been looking into this dually stuff just a teensy bit......

is this the same mobo you're talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2015483763
It takes PPGA Cellies tops out at 550 with a bit of work and some modding has been known to take P3's you can find out more at BP6.com about what type of modding. It's a great board, not so sure about 70$ tho, I picked up mine with processors and heatsinks for 150.

J :cool:

I was looking around somewhere last night and saw the Neo adapters for the BP6.... I **think** the documentation on them said they were FCPGA2 compatible, which would mean you could run 2 512kb cache P3-S processors on it....

Man, these old BX boards never die....

The NeoS370 adapter is just for coppermine upgrade and so far the word is that the Neo-370T FCPGA2 adapter will not work with the BP6. I have not been in contact with Paul@powerleap but I saw it posted on the BP6.com messageboard and the BP6 isn't on the compatibility list but i know that they were designing the adapter originally

Although i'm sure it can be done with some mods.

Heres the product link http://www.powerleap.com/Products/370T.htm

Back