• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget CPU cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would suggest the Hyper 212 Evo, if you look around you can get it for $25-30. It keeps my 2500k cool and quiet at 4.8gHz :santa:

However, the larger question is what CPU will you be cooling? Since, many cpus(especially AMD) will tend to have higher TDPs and thermal outputs.

Well im just cooling my AMD Phenom II X4 840, isnt oc'd much but gets really warm during the summer when im gaming. And thanks for the suggestion, ill take a look at them, :D

EDIT: Oh yea, Is the Stock Fan for The Hyper212 Evo any good?

Last edited:
It's noisy as hell, but it moves good amounts of air...It cools pretty well, but the True Spirit 140 cools better whilst being quieter.
Depends on your budget and if noise is a concern.

It's noisy as hell, but it moves good amounts of air...It cools pretty well, but the True Spirit 140 cools better whilst being quieter.
Depends on your budget and if noise is a concern.

Wouldn't i just be able to replace the fan? Is the fan 4 pin or 3 pin?

Not sure...you CAN replace it but that would add up cost, and part of the good performance comes from the fan speed.

NZXT Havik 140 or True Spirit 140, Thermalright HR-02 Macho are all good and cheap coolers that are quiet and don't need a fan replacement to work good.

Do you happen to have any links to where to buy the Thermalright one? I can't find any that are in stock.

I recommend the CM Hyper 212 Evo as well.
It's what I have, and I just put a couple of 140mm fans I had lying around. It has done well on my OC'd Thuban. Can't beat it for the price, and it comes with the mounting clips for a second fan, so if you have a second 120mm or 140mm with 120mm mounting like I have, then that's just an added bonus.

Hmmm,, Just did some calculations of my case and the CM Hyper212 EVO seems to fit my case, its just that my 80mm side fan would either have to go on the outside or else removed. Case is about 180mm wide and the cooler is 160mm.

Back