• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building first system - comments/suggestions please =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe, don't know why I took so long to post again... Just wanted to say that I'm typing this on the desktop your advices helped me build (though I could have done this on this computer as of 9/1). It is running perfectly now, and I don't think I had any problems with the motherboard.

The reason that I say "don't think" is that I had trouble installing Windows (XP pro). It said it was succesfull, but somehow didn't instal IE or some other stuff. I simply rebooted from cd, and repaired the install, and it worked great, but that was kind of wierd, i did it multiple times, always with the same result, and with different instal cds (borrowed some friends') always with the same result so I think its gota be hardware related, but it works now, and I don't have a clue what piece of hardware to look at...

So, thanks again for all the comments... I'm quite happy with it and would recommend the same build for anyone who is wierd like me =)

Back