• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning Phoenix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NOw i'm getting curious as to what your doing over there.
I'll tell you what i've done and am going to do next.
First as you noticed in my sig are my primary systems. They produce on an average of 37-38 wu's a day. I also notice jumps in my stats here and there which i assume are wu's being produced by my brothers system i fixed a while back that i accidently left SETI in the startup folder and made the tray stay hidden. OOPPS i guess i cant say it was an accident now.
Well as i said a few posts back i have a various parts lying around that next fixing. First i received a new MB for my brothers Gateway and it has been fixed for a few days now and i've been paid except i was trying to put him off till friday. I told him it wasnt done yet. It's a 1.9GHZ which is currently putting out 6-7 wu's a day. I was hoping to pass you by now but your daily output seems to increase too. My output will drop friday when i give up the Gateway.
BUT!
I have another MB coming for the 1.6GHZ that easily does 2GHZ. Also in about 2 weeks i will have back my other MB,2000XP and RAM that i loaned out to someone. Hes waiting on some new parts for his new system.
So if everything goes according to plan my production will drop this week, you will gain approx. 50-100wu's on me and then i catch back up with around 50+wu's a day afterwards.

So tell me what youre doing.

Nice race guys! :D

A reminder to those that need hard drives for crunchers: no you don't!!!!
There are LiveCD ditributions of linux like Knoppix that will run off a cd-rom. Slightly slower than a complete system but....
Arkaine23 also made a customized version of Knoppix named Overclockix- I'm using it on my duallie right now.

NO LINUX KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED TO RUN OVERCLOCKIX!
;)
Battle on!

http://overclockix.octeams.com/

I just found that the site is up now-
just as a heads up, the way I found it was by using the "Search" button we have for the forums.
Click the button and then enter what you want. :)

-B.P. and Cuper: sorry about the quick threadjacking, gentlemen- I just can't pass up an opportunity to tell folks about Overclockix. :D

Burning Phoenix said:
So tell me what youre doing.

:p Well, I have a Duron 800 that I just got up. I can't tweek it and bought a duron 1.6 to go in there but the motherboard won't read it. Doing some reasearch I found that it is pretty hopeless getting the 1.6 to work so think that I might sell off 2 systems and get a P4 2.4c up and going (have to buy a chip) as I have 3 P4 motherboards lying around just looking for chips :)

Just trying to figure out what I want as a final system (for the time being) before I do anything. I will say that I think that all I can put out right now is around 45ish units. If I could get my shuttle box running better than 1.2 and back to it's normal 2.4 chip that is in there I would pick up another 3 or so per day. Just haven't had the time to learn how to make a disk so that I can try to flash the bios to see if that is the problem.

All in all, hitting 50 per day here and there really gets me going so I think that I am going to try to ramp up production in the end here to be consitently above 50 per day :)

oh ya, forgot to mention that none of my machines are overclocked :D:D

Well, I don't think that anyone really knows. It was supposed to be over already :)

Well the current unit im working on is Sept 9th. Man i can't wait to get my Sig Rig up and running. As well as my incoming DLT3C XP1700. Currently using my 2.4c and a xp1900 pali. I WANT more WU's! My goal is to break 1k and if i do break 400th place :) I plan on passing a few current crunchers...../grins

YOu will because the computer i kinda been holding back on my brother that i worked on during the week will have to go to him tomorrow. His wife just called a little while ago asking if it were done and i said i'd promise to get it to them tomorrow. Also the spare computer i loaned out is back but i charged the guy $75 for the parts while he used them. I put together another system for him the other day so when i removed the borrowed (actually rented because i charged him) MB,CPU,RAM and replaced with the new stuff he bought. I again pulled memory loss and kept the other parts which i didnt give him back yet. He's not sure he wanted to keep them or ask for the $75 back that i promised. I told him to come pick them up when he gets the chance and i'm hoping it wont be soon so i can use it some more for SETI.

HEy whats been going on? I was sure youd catch me by now because i thought you were getting another P4.
I havent changed anything for nearly 4 weeks now. Heres a pic of what ive have been using.
crunchers01.jpg

crunchers02.jpg

Ah.... Where to begin. Basically I was hoping that you were going to drop to about 40-45 units when your brothers computer was gone. I got a new P4 2.4c up but for some reason both of my 2.4c's don't want to be run @ stock speeds let alone overclocked. :( My small little 2.4b downstairs can only run at around 1.4. I just don't understand it. I think that I might need to update the bios on all of the boards but just don't have the time. I have too many other "little" projects infront of these right now to make a charge.

Hopefully towards the end of the week I will be pumping out a little more;)

One of my 2000XP 's will be going this week.
But i have just received a RMAed MB the other day and i have a 1.6a that i can use. I have no DDR though for it yet. So for maybe a week or 2 i may drop down to 45 wu's per day with 3 systems.
I should be in the top 50 tomorrow!
scounter1_09_04.php

Back