• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable modem speed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
I love my new cable modem service. With P2P, I get continuous, good speed. Rarely, can one server give you the full throughput to test your connection, but with several d-loads, I have seen what this connection does.
Added up, these dloads gave me 205.69 Kb/s.

speed.JPG

When I pull patches or service packs from microsoft, it usually stresses my connection.. P2P rarely does, due to it's architecture.

direct connect is the only thing that I use at full speed.

i've been grabbing 30K/sec for the last 8 hours or so

person 2 person I think is what that means. I get in the 310KB range on some servers but most of the time dont go over 100KB. I just wish my ping was like it used to be (nobody was on) but other than that cable kicks a$$.

Use that speed test at dslreports.com and thin devide that by I think 7 and you will get KB. That is pretty much what you are capped at.

i upload 120kbytes
and download 4megabites
don't really care about the download when i get 1.8 megs \s from microsoft doing updates i'm fully pleased
optimumonline here :)

Last edited:
p2p = peer to peer, it's a method of file sharing in which there is no central server that you connect to. You simply connect to other people who are sharing files.

God, when i got my dsl i thought i was king, but looking at your speeds, i am sad, i only get 80kb/s not even a meg! If any of you know what the best service provider is, tell me!

I'm in the TRI state area
optimumonline from cablevision is what i use :)
no contest that it is the best
For 30 or 40 a month depending on if ur a cablevision tv subscriber or not

Lord Moreira said:
i upload 120kbytes
and download 4megabytes
don't really care about the download when i get 1.8 megs \s from microsoft doing updates i'm fully pleased
optimumonline here :)

What do you have?! Quad OC48?! 4 MegaBYTES!? :eek:

nop, just kickass cable :)
if u go to dslreports.com u can check on feedback left by cablevision customers like me ;)
It's really really good
i host 14\16 player sof2 servers with no lag
the closer u live to the tristate area the lower ur pings will be
but overall in the US\canada all 50 to 100ping
europe 150
56kers much much more :p

Back