• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cak38 being cak......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oright

Registered
Hello people. Just got a cak38 a little while ago, and I was amazed when I saw an (idle) cpu temp of 55c! I also have ok case cooling so that shouldnt be the problem. Should I sand the base of the cooler? Should I try cleaning it before I put it on? Im using a cak38 (duh...) with as2, tbird [email protected] and a kt7a raid

Welcome to the forums...I think the CAK has lost some of it's standing compared to newer copper coolers...but 55c idle sounds...WAY...to high for a CAK...as a comparasion, I'm running a Duron 750 @ 1000 @ 1.85v and My idle/load temps average 38c/44c. Of course...thats no 1.2 @ 1.4...you may simply be at the limit of the CAK but there should be room for improvement.

How is your case airflow situation currently? Copper coolers act like a small stove in your case cause they retain heat longer than alumnium. Case cooling and ventalation are crucial with copper coolers.

Thanks for the welcome :)
Anyway, my case cooling is.... eh...... lets just say my case has to be bolted to the ground so it wont lift off when I turn the fans on.... heh.. The aorflow is great with all usual airflow mods and stuff so I doubt thats the problem.

Back