• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can a pin be fixed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Completely? I've heard of pins being bent and then bent back into place carefullly, but I dunno about a completely severed pin. If you don't find a good way to fix it, I would try to paint it back on with conductive paint - similar to the stuff used to do multi bridge mods. It wouldn't hold real well, and very likely won't work even if it does hold, but I would give it a shot.

not a bad idea, im wondering if intel could repair it. i have a bunch of .5 mm syringes that seem to be just a bit larger then the pins but fit into the hole perfectly.
i tried to crazy glue it on by holding it in place and putting the glue around it which worked to hold it there but i think the glue seeped under the pin and now theres no contact.
the chip runs at 3193mhz now, it was a 3.2 and would run at 3199 stock. but everytime i reboot i get the new cpu detected.
it works fine as a 3193mhz though. it sucks because it was a great chip and would run 4.2 prime stable at 1.675 volts.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well heres my story.

i paid for the chip repair at http://www.motherboardrepair.com/index.php?sec=procrep
using the buy it now option which paid about 28.00 thru paypal on saturday april 24th, i sent the chip usps priority mail that monday morning to an address provided thru email from the shop.
on wed i sent another e mail asking how he repaired the pins, i was curious really. no reply.
i sent another e mail on thursday asking if he had recieved my chip. friday comes, fri. night.... still no reply. so like a normal coffee drinking american i get thoughts of what if its a scam or something, but i figured ahh maybe he is just super busy.
well saturday ( today comes and low and behold. there is a small package in my mailbox.
he must have repaired it and sent it out the same day.
this dude is awesome. im posting on my repaired chip now and she's running like a dream.
thank you gary!!!
i will recommend him as often as i can. and thanks nst6563 for the referral.
he did an amazing job of micro soldering. :thup: :attn: :D :)

woohoo
overclock5.JPG

Holy hell that is sweet! Congrats man! Did you send the broken pin with it or did you not find it when it was broken?

Homie is a regular of the Abit newsgroups.

You really have to forgive his emails, he is VERY VERY busy with the repair service (and tending his sheep... I believe he's some sort of farmer as well.....)

He probably has a million emails per day, and can't reply to everyone asking "were you able to repair the chip"; don't you think he is better off doing the work and getting it back to you, instead of spending a few days reading 500 emails/day? :)

He does reply sometimes, though, but again, it's a 1 man shop over there.......

Glad you're up and running at 4.2G

How in the heck did you break the pin anyway? (if i missed it, I forgot.....)

to answer the ?'s
i actually tried to glue the pin back on, then cut a .5mm syringe needle to stick in the hole of the mb and nothing was working. then i dropped the broken piece and couldnt find it.

the way it broke was i was cleaning it in the bathroom with rubbing alcohol and it slipped from my fingers and hit the counter and (i can say this now that he has already worked on it) fell straight into the toilet.:cry: i figured that about the e mails that he was just totally busy but then i went and had another cup of coffee and that causes paranoia:eek:

Gary has a sweet website and a good sense of humor to boot! lol Bookmarked his site for future use. :D

Glad he was able to fix your chip rhino56! :)

-Tyrinon

Back