• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can anyone tell me how to overclock my AMd k6/2 400 (dont laugh)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
check on the motherboard if there aren't any jumpers (packs of them). Or use a software overclocking (softFSB, CPUFSB, ...). Try to find a diagram of your motherboard that tells what every jumper or connector is, and if you do, try to find the settings for anything.

open the case, on the motherboard should be printed instructions on how to set multiplier, look for 4.5x and find the jumpers you need to set to get it like that. if that works set it to 5x, 5.5x or 2x (it acts like 6x) but i boubt yo wil get over 100MHz increase

What do jumpers look like - sorry im an overclocking noob

lol im building a new computer which will be done semi soon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 ghz cooled by GlobalWin WBK38

Shuttle AK31 3rd revision cooled two tiny generic HSF for North and South Bridge

1.5 GB PC2100 Crucial DDR SDRAM

Pine 56x CD-Rom

Maxtor 20 GB 7200 RPM ATA100 HDD

Seagate 2.5 GB 5400 RPM ATA100 HDD (for Linux)

ATI Radeon 8500 video card

Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II sound card

Lian-LI PC-70 case

Enermax 350 watt PSU

elfboy999 said:
What do jumpers look like - sorry im an overclocking noob

lol im building a new computer which will be done semi soon

Jumpers are sort of small connectors that connect 2 pins together. Sorry, I don't have a pic of who they look, but they cover small pins, and connect 2 of them

Back