• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Damage The Processor With This

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skynet777

:D Hi all, the reason for the post is to ask if the processor can be damaged if you connect to a socket which lacks 3-pin (not crosslinked or short) that broke only: huh: but believe that if I connect the processor can harm me :(.

The socket is a 1366, and according to seek information about the missing pin and accordingly are: one of these is Vss and the others are according to other research on this page: http://www.reenigne.org/blog/what-are-all-those-pins-for/, I believe that could damage the processor, or just restrict some functions of it :confused:.

The processor is Intel Core i7-960 to 3.2GHz.

I await your quick response, thanking them in advance for your input and help.

Thanks ... :clap::clap:

It may not immediately damage the CPU, but I'm almost sure you'll get some random crashes or something, if it works at all.

How did you find out the pins were bad in the first place? Just checking them all? That sounds painful.

Back