• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use pc4000 DDR Memory on a amd xp2100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperAndy

Hello everyone,

My friend just told me about this site and I did some reading and this is a very informative forum.

My question is Can I Can I use pc4000 DDR Memory on a amd xp2100 with a Asus A7N8X-X motherboards?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: PC4000 will work fine in a board with an XP2100+. However unless you are running 250MHz FSB then you wont get the full potential from the RAM. Basically it will allow you a lot of overhead for overclocking. PC4000 will run just fine at PC2100/PC2700/PC3200 speeds.

Are you overclocking your CPU?

EDIT: PS welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the quick reply and I look forward in staying with the forum, expand my knowledge and hopefully one day could be a big contributor (knowledge wise since I am broke) to the forum.

As for overclocking, I thought the speed of the memory is 433mhz how come we can only run it at 250mhz? As for my mobo, i don't think thats any room to overclock. I am looking to upgrade my PC to a faster CPU and motherboard and are currently thinking the amd64 2800+/gigabyte combo along with some pc4000 ram. Do you guys think I should upgrade to AMD or p4?

remember this is ddr, so the actual operatng frequeny is 250 mhz.it makes 2 pieces of information for each cycle or pulse, hence ddr500..

Back