• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can my PSU handle 4850 x fire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pous

Registered
Hi everyone.

My current rig is as such:
P180, Gigabyte P35 DS3R, 2 x 1 GB DDR2 800 G.Skill, 320gb Seagate Barracuda, Q6600 with AF7Pro @ 3.2, 1 DVD r/w drive, and a Visiontek hd4850.

I was wondering if I was to get a new mobo & additional 4850... do you all think my power supply could run the system? Or should I look into upgrading?

Also, have my 4850 running at 675/1100.

And plan to be running a PCI slot cooler on the system (2 if I do x fire).

Hope that's enough info. If not just let me know (=

Hi everyone.

My current rig is as such:
P180, Gigabyte P35 DS3R, 2 x 1 GB DDR2 800 G.Skill, 320gb Seagate Barracuda, Q6600 with AF7Pro @ 3.2, 1 DVD r/w drive, and a Visiontek hd4850.

I was wondering if I was to get a new mobo & additional 4850... do you all think my power supply could run the system? Or should I look into upgrading?

Also, have my 4850 running at 675/1100.

And plan to be running a PCI slot cooler on the system (2 if I do x fire).

Hope that's enough info. If not just let me know (=

Pous,

You gave us everything we need to know except what your power supply is!

By the way :welcome: :D

Wow I feel smart...

Antec NeoHE 500w (modular)

Edit:

Thanks for the welcome :D

As for noise... if you heard our computers you wouldn't care about noise either ;)

I will be fine with the old one? I bought mine about a year ago, so I don't think it's a new revision one...

I will be fine with the old one? I bought mine about a year ago, so I don't think it's a new revision one...

I have a two years old version.. no idea what revision but it is strong on my system with a overclocked C2D 4.0ghz/overclocked FTW+ speed 260GTX - you can find my thread on this forum.. I think basically as long you have the right connectors on your P/S (I DO NOT MEAN the included molex-to-PCIe adapters you get with the card), you'll be fine... as seeing those 4850 cards only require one PCIe cable per card.

Don't take this answer from me though.

EDIT: I wouldn't use those slot coolers if those video cards will exhaust the hot air out of the slot. You'd want cold air coming into case under the video card.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the additional information. I think I have another PCI-E power cord that came with my power supply, not 100% where I left it though, lol.

Not sure what to say about not using slot coolers... everywhere else I post people said it was a good idea.

What do you guys think of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138118 motherboard for when I get my 2nd video card? I wanted to keep the price ~ $150 or less.

You won't be getting full crossfire since it will be x8 vs x8

How do you figure? It states 2 PCI 2.0 x16 slots...

Antec makes good power supplys.. you should be OK....

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure.

Should be fine dude. Antec make good PSU's.

Glad to hear that +2 for me being ok on this psu.

I would not agree with this statement

How do you figure antec doesn't make good psu? I've never heard someone say that before.

Back