• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you look this over, quick input..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

|/3|\|0/|/|

Registered
As a few may remember, I am making an older computer and putting in a screen from a broken laptop. I have been real busy lately, but things have been trucking along well!

Cutting to the chase, I am 90% done with the project, and all that remains is mounting the panel in it's place, painting a video card plastic up a little, getting a converter for the screen, and minor re-assembly.

Here is the badly put together build thread:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675531

Anyhow, I contacted a few dealers for boards, and adapters, and converters, and I have been informed that purchasing this thing should solve my issue. I as well feel it should work..everything looks okay.

Here are the parts:

Controller, already have a power supply that would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5251-Audio-...Components&hash=item416241435d#ht_9383wt_1163

Here is the screen panel I am using:
2s60vvn.jpg
Video Cable and Power?
2a7hcie.jpg
Closer shot
1zyddsy.jpg
4gqgt4.jpg
303lojp.jpg
Codes and Model Stuff
1zgwd1d.jpg
Power??
2ew1bma.jpg
Top screen
2rfwp3o.jpg
Back of screen

So what do you think? I feel this is a good idea to get more input before I go ahead and get this. That cable from my panel contains both power input and video as far as my knowledge goes, havent torn into it..Then the power splits off and is converted and goes to the backlight. The video cable does just that, supplies the screen with video.

Any questions or things I need to add? Think it will work out?

Thanks for helping and your time. :attn:

I guess the thing I don't know about is if the 20 pin connector from the screen will match the board's layout.

Back