• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you put a price on beauty (project log)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Blower GPUs exhaust heat out of the case, unlike typical dual/tri-fan models. Here's another quote for you:

"The H510 Elite is a $170 case being launched alongside an $80 case that’s nearly identical, which itself is almost identical to a $70-$75 case that it’s replacing."

But you've inferred price is not a factor.

Here's another one for you:

"We’ve mentioned noise levels several times already throughout the course of this review because of the gusty turbulent noises the fans made at high speeds. At max fan speeds, we measured the case running at 45.9dBA, one of the loudest cases we’ve tested"

Interesting! Sorry I always thought blower was the term for the mass fan GPU. Appreciate you taking the time to explain it. A big part of this build is researching myself and learning about my hardware. I don’t normally have much input other than, I was this cpu this gpu and I want it powerful and fast and have it built for me.

I don’t really mind what it costs me as long as it looks aesthetically really pleasing and performs like it costs. Mind you I draw the line at cost lines of titan v’s and threadrippers. Little too expensive for me and my usage. But if we’re talking spending 10k over 7k to make a pc that looks as good as it runs I’m all for that. But yeah the front glass panel I’ve read that article so far said it made the air flow worse but it was a factor that makes me like the look of the case.

That article is rather large so I’m still reading through and trying to grasp what it’s trying to say. Bare with me haha. But as a general rule water cooling makes airflow within the case requirements less, still needed but significantly less and if I were to replace stock fans with possibly better quality to reduce noise but run faster or have a higher flow of air maybe? I guess what I’m saying is even though the case may not be ideal because I like the look buying better fans and having a custom look could this negate the negatives of the air flow?

I’m back again! It’s getting close!

I’ve been doing some research and I can’t seem to find any info short of sending asus an email. So I thought I’d ask here. I took someone’s advice here and looked at the rog Thor 850 over the 1200. But someone recently pointed out the strix 850 has a max wattage out of the 8 pins of only 100w where as the Corsair 850 has 150. This could be a big problem given the strix 3090 direct from asus mouth said could pull upto 400w meaning even if I have it plugged into 3x8 pins and the 75w from the mobo I am only gonna be at 375w where as the Corsair I would be at 525w giving me plenty of head room.

Problem is I can’t find any info that the Thor is 150w from the 8 pins? Can anyone help shed some light?

Back