• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install bios update, 64 bit OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwtbdltr

Registered
I have windows 7 64, GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x) motherboard. The update runs on 32 bit so i cant run it, i tried via usb but couldn't get it going either.
Any clues :eek:

geting the usb stick formatted right is the fun part.

you need the files to make a win98boot then set bios to read USB HDD first.

got the right idea just persist in getting the USB stick in FAT32 and the 98boot files on there.

sometimes if its a large stick you may have to create a partition on the USB stick.

maybe someone can clue you up on the best way to get the 98boot files to put on there... im busy turning my coffee table into a network server and these mindwipe door frames prevent me from recalling how I managed that last USB stick bout :shrug:

Make sure the USB drive is formatted FAT32. Also, it should be plugged in before you boot, I don't think the BIOS can detect a drive plugged in after the system has been turned on. QFlash should be easy after that. PDF Manual excerpt:

Attachments

• qflash.png
    qflash.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 3,238
using the files rich provided q flash finally detected my usb drive, I would have never though of it.

Back