• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case temp too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

day1yun

I recently assembled a new conroe system with a e6300 cpu, gigabyte ds3 mobo, and a big typhoon heatsink. I have 2 80mm panaflow quiet fans in the front, 2 generic 80mm exhausts fans in the rear, a top mount fan blowing air in, and a single 92mm fan in my psu.

According to the Easy Tune 5 software, my cpu temp is ~27c at idle and the case temp is ~42c. Why is my case temp so high?? The room is around 70F at all times

Does your case temp feel like 42c (108f)? I doubt it is that high, probably an inaccurate reading but possible. Hows the air flow? Tidy up cables and such to allow maximum air flow in the case.

top fan should blow out.....this make sense because hot air travels up. You could have the fans on ther front blow in and open some unused PCI slots to let fresh air come in.....but this is just a thought

i also have the same problem but i have the original stacker with the side panel removed. the cabling is not too bad either. 1X120mm front intake. 1X120mm rear exhaust. 1X80mm top exhaust. inaccurate probe? if so, sticking a thermometer inside the case would be the solution?

Back