• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases for the ladies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ancalime

Hey guys, what do you think are good cases for computers built for females. Please refrain from suggesting a generic case and saying they won't care anyway. I'm looking to find cases that would just appeal to the female masses.

Need some ideas, thanks for the help! :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm not looking for anything that is TOO feminine. I mean something like this Raidmax is too much imho.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156187

EDIT 2: I hope this topic isn't too weird haha. :p

Hey guys, what do you think are good cases for computers built for females. Please refrain from suggesting a generic case and saying they won't care anyway. I'm looking to find cases that would just appeal to the female masses.

Need some ideas, thanks for the help! :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm not looking for anything that is TOO feminine. I mean something like this Raidmax is too much imho.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156187

EDIT 2: I hope this topic isn't too weird haha. :p

My wife said hell no to that case, so uhh...anything but that?

My wife prefers Silverstone cases (she has an LC13 ATM).

Me and a buddy painted an Antec 900 white for his GF. Put several layers of clearcoat for a dull enameled look almost. I know it's not necessarily what you're looking for or something out of a box, but it's a project idea at least :)

I just asked my wife her opinion as to what would appeal to her...she said it would be good if it was invisible and silent. She likes the neighbors Imac. http://www.apple.com/imac/

Woman are like everybody else they have their own opinions and don't necessarily fit into a group.

My wife said hell no to that case, so uhh...anything but that?

My wife prefers Silverstone cases (she has an LC13 ATM).
Hahaha yeah. That case is just way too girly + cheesy.
Silverstone eh? The LC13 looks like a classy HTPC case, but just a tad too bland in my opinion. Your wife likes it?

I find that both genders enjoy the sleek modern styles of Lian Li and Silverstone.
Hm..yeah true. So you think females enjoy simple, classy, elegant cases?

Me and a buddy painted an Antec 900 white for his GF. Put several layers of clearcoat for a dull enameled look almost. I know it's not necessarily what you're looking for or something out of a box, but it's a project idea at least :)
Got any pics? I can 't really imagine how a dull white Antec 900 would look haha.

I just asked my wife her opinion as to what would appeal to her...she said it would be good if it was invisible and silent. She likes the neighbors Imac. http://www.apple.com/imac/

Woman are like everybody else they have their own opinions and don't necessarily fit into a group.
Thanks for going to your wife about this haha. :beer:
What does she mean by invisible? Does she mean like a completely acrylic case, or one that blends into the surrounding room?

And yeah, I know woman are people and they are all different. :p
I think we can generalize to some extent though...an example being I wouldn't use a Mountain Mods case for a build for my sister but if I were to use one for my brother, I would expect him to react positively. Not trying to be sexist here or anything. :)

And your link doesn't work.

Trying to build a computer for my girl. I would rather not paint it because I am lazy and have little experience with painting. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Well, my wife says the following.
Shiny black, not dull. This includes the inside. No ugly silver inside with a black outside. Lame.
No handle "thats lame".
No door.
No square window, custom design only.
no chrome.
Lights are fine. "Not blue, orange or something."
If a blowhole fan, have it covered with a same color grill or something.
Wire cleanliness is a must.

Well, my wife says the following.
Shiny black, not dull. This includes the inside. No ugly silver inside with a black outside. Lame.
No handle "thats lame".
No door.
No square window, custom design only.
no chrome.
Lights are fine. "Not blue, orange or something."
If a blowhole fan, have it covered with a same color grill or something.
Wire cleanliness is a must.

She cares about the inside? :eek:

I love my Antec 900 :)

Good to know. :p

I personally think the Antec 900 is too hardcore haha. I am kind of leaning towards the Antec P180. Has that kind of classy, kitchen appliance look to it. What do you guys think?

I personally think the Antec 900 is too hardcore haha. I am kind of leaning towards the Antec P180. Has that kind of classy, kitchen appliance look to it. What do you guys think?

I think that would be a good case. I know its a little extreme, but did you see the mirror finish one? One of their ads was a girl putting on makeup using the reflection. i lol'd

I think that would be a good case. I know its a little extreme, but did you see the mirror finish one? One of their ads was a girl putting on makeup using the reflection. i lol'd

Haha yea. Other than the premium you pay for the mirror finish model, it looks pretty good.

You got that ad by the way? :p

What does she mean by invisible? Does she mean like a completely acrylic case, or one that blends into the surrounding room?
When she said invisible...she meant no case at all appeals to her, as in the imac.

And your link doesn't work.
The link works OK for me any one else have a problem? Its just Apple .com

She cares about the inside? :eek:

Good to know. :p

Ya she does. She helped with the wire management in my case(in my sig). Shes pretty badass :) She is also a fan of the 900. It looks like thats a general "like" in the female population. Shes not huge on seeing the fans, but she said at least it looks good.

I told my wife to look at case's on newegg and pick what she wanted, when I got home from work she had picked a Silverstone TJ09 with a window and I gave her no input at all.

Raid max has made the perfect case for girl's night in, the O² pink. From front to back this case supports a resilient high gloss bubble-gum pink paint job that will call to the feminine side of "grrls" of all ages. I love its color.It is nice.

I got a pretty inexpensive case, had jukebox colored lights on the front, not too flashy but just enough for her taste. I got that for my gf at the time like 5-6 years ago. I cant even remember what it was. It did have a window though

I just ran across the InWin Allure. I have no idea about availability, and I'm not even sure how it'd fit the requirements in this situation, but I'm just throwing it out there. It's MicroATX, and is definitely on the girly side of things... albeit in a far more understated way than most other "feminine" cases. I'd even dare to call it tasteful.

Link.

ponycomputer.jpg.jpg

I just ran across the InWin Allure. I have no idea about availability, and I'm not even sure how it'd fit the requirements in this situation, but I'm just throwing it out there. It's MicroATX, and is definitely on the girly side of things... albeit in a far more understated way than most other "feminine" cases. I'd even dare to call it tasteful.

Link.

My wife said it was ok, but maybe a bit too girly. She says the purple would be better black.

Dude, you should get your wife to sign up on OCF and ask the questions herself. :)

PS#
While you are at it, get her to post a few 3DMark scores and sign up for our benching team. :beer:

sreeja, welcome to the forums. :welcome: :)

Back