• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases for the ladies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In building computers for people over the years, I've found that most women tend not to like pink computer cases covered with flowers and crap. Maybe for an 8 year old girl, but not an adult.

Usually the best thing is something simple and plain looking, with a reasonable amount of style. Like the original cm stacker, antec p180, a zalman, or a silverstone case.

Generally the stuff with dragons and crazy fan grills and alien heads and junk is a big no-no(raidmax, thermaltake xaser, etc). Also, avoid a bunch of lights, knobs, exposed fans, ports all over the place, and other doodads.

Some like windows, some don't, or just don't care.

Quiet is good. Doesn't have to be silent, but if you can hear it in the next room with the door shut, get some quieter fans.

The reality of it is, most women will be fine with a decent looking case, that doesn't have something ridiculous glued onto it, just like a lot of men would.

This would be fine(of course you do have to take personal preference into account, colors, other styles)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129154

This, probably not due to color, stupid crap on the door, and silly window:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156136

When she said invisible...she meant no case at all appeals to her, as in the imac.

The link works OK for me any one else have a problem? Its just Apple .com
Ahh the link works now, don't know why it didn't before. I don't think I have enough skills to duplicate that Imac anyway. :p

Ya she does. She helped with the wire management in my case(in my sig). Shes pretty badass :) She is also a fan of the 900. It looks like thats a general "like" in the female population. Shes not huge on seeing the fans, but she said at least it looks good.
Haha that's a fun wife to have. ;)
I didn't know the Antec 900 was really that popular amongst females. I really don't see how haha, to me the case just screams man!

I told my wife to look at case's on newegg and pick what she wanted, when I got home from work she had picked a Silverstone TJ09 with a window and I gave her no input at all.
What expensive taste your wife has. The TJ09 is a lovely case but too rich for my blood. :beer:

Raid max has made the perfect case for girl's night in, the O² pink. From front to back this case supports a resilient high gloss bubble-gum pink paint job that will call to the feminine side of "grrls" of all ages. I love its color.It is nice.
I just mentioned that case in my original post and stating it ISN'T what I am looking for. Welcome to the forums though! :welcome:

I got a pretty inexpensive case, had jukebox colored lights on the front, not too flashy but just enough for her taste. I got that for my gf at the time like 5-6 years ago. I cant even remember what it was. It did have a window though
A pic would do good. :)

I just ran across the InWin Allure. I have no idea about availability, and I'm not even sure how it'd fit the requirements in this situation, but I'm just throwing it out there. It's MicroATX, and is definitely on the girly side of things... albeit in a far more understated way than most other "feminine" cases. I'd even dare to call it tasteful.

Link.

My wife said it was ok, but maybe a bit too girly. She says the purple would be better black.
That is a fancy case. But I do agree with Twigglish's wife if she is talking about the purple flowers. Black flowers on the light pink coating would be hot. :drool:

Dude, you should get your wife to sign up on OCF and ask the questions herself.

PS#
While you are at it, get her to post a few 3DMark scores and sign up for our benching team. :beer:
Yeah I agree, your wife seems very ocforum-ish to me, Twigglish. :p

In building computers for people over the years, I've found that most women tend not to like pink computer cases covered with flowers and crap. Maybe for an 8 year old girl, but not an adult.

Usually the best thing is something simple and plain looking, with a reasonable amount of style. Like the original cm stacker, antec p180, a zalman, or a silverstone case.

Generally the stuff with dragons and crazy fan grills and alien heads and junk is a big no-no(raidmax, thermaltake xaser, etc). Also, avoid a bunch of lights, knobs, exposed fans, ports all over the place, and other doodads.

Some like windows, some don't, or just don't care.

Quiet is good. Doesn't have to be silent, but if you can hear it in the next room with the door shut, get some quieter fans.

The reality of it is, most women will be fine with a decent looking case, that doesn't have something ridiculous glued onto it, just like a lot of men would.

This would be fine(of course you do have to take personal preference into account, colors, other styles)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129154

This, probably not due to color, stupid crap on the door, and silly window:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156136
Thanks for the input, Prisoner1138. I totally get what you are trying to say and agree 100%. The girls I would build computers for anyway are around my age (15-18) which I guess could be considered as adults. They definitely would not like the designs of Raidmax, XClio, and such.

That P180 is the exact model I have in mind. It is the perfect blend of classiness mixed with this flashy element that makes it stand out. It really think it would appeal to females (males too) with the semi glossy silver accent and uniform design. And on top of all that, it is sturdy and quiet.

I'm pretty set on the P180 at this point. Thanks for all the input guys. :D

Gah, I meant lian-li in that post, not zalman. Dunno how I messed that one up :confused:

Oh well, you still got my point.

My girlfriend is an network engineer. While she appreciates a nice case, her answer to this question is always: "The cheap one. Why would I want to spend a bunch of money on a case?" Dull black and silver, flashy lights, always turns her off.

She feels all the customized casery business is a very male thing, and silly.

My daughter likes the Apple cases. Sleek, white, and plain.

Mod her a custom case, like me!

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

Seriously. Nothing says nice case like one hand modded.

Back