• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 6.8 is out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone tried that 6.8 beta driver yet?

I can't get AA and HDR to work at same time even though the driver claims that functionality.

Rattle said:
there is a newer version of ati tool that is supposedly supposed to tackle the clock switch itself but I havnt tested it personally

Help me with this and I'll help you with your new chip, k?

Internal said:
Has anyone tried that 6.8 beta driver yet?

I can't get AA and HDR to work at same time even though the driver claims that functionality.

Why use the beta driver when the real thing is out? And what game are you talking about?

deathman20 said:
Why use the beta driver when the real thing is out? And what game are you talking about?

Cause the real thing doesn't support HDR + AA in oblivion.

THe 6.8 beta driver does.

Internal said:
Cause the real thing doesn't support HDR + AA in oblivion.

THe 6.8 beta driver does.

Guess the question is are you using the 6.8 Drivers with the Chuck patch or actually the 6.8 Beta's?

k, these cats rule!

have a viewsoniv vx2025wm 1680 x 1050 , x1900XT stock, play alot of cs:s

before i could run model and textures on high, shodows low, water reflect low, AF trilinear - 2 x AA and some other details on med / low.

this gave me a good solid 60FPS, but i would drop to 30 at times in maps like office with 64 people, or even 40 people servers, same in dust 2.

installed these new cats, now running AA 6x - Af 8x all details on high and HDR on - and i have not dropped below 50FPS on any map yet!!!!

Glad to see some of you guys are benfiting from 6.8. Unfortunately it did nothing for me except lower 3DMark scores and lost ~8 FPS on CS:S stress test.

The weird thing is my laptop with the Mobility X600 seems to gain 10 FPS in CS:S stress test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixro
Sounds like the wdm drivers chaos_being.

Yea, on the ATi d/l page for the 6.8 chuck beta's it states that the beta driver does not include wdm or CCC.

Hmmmm, that's weird, I didn't install the wdm drivers before and I didn't have the same sort of problem. Things have been working fine even with the "unknown device," so what exactly do wdm drivers do? :p

The good news is, upon further playing of Oblivion I realized that it had reset all of my visual settings to ultra high quality. I had previously turned some things down to get acceptable fps outside (tree fade, grass fade, and shadows in particular,) and now my system runs just fine with these same settings cranked up! So I'm definitely happy with the 6.8 chucks- then again, I did upgrade from the 6.5's I think, which a lot of x1900 users had bad performance problems with.

TRF-Inferno said:
Glad to see some of you guys are benfiting from 6.8. Unfortunately it did nothing for me except lower 3DMark scores and lost ~8 FPS on CS:S stress test.

The weird thing is my laptop with the Mobility X600 seems to gain 10 FPS in CS:S stress test.

try plaing CS:S , and who cares about 3dmark tests :D, go into the console and type in net_graph 3

Last edited:
you have an x1900xt and you dont game? shame on you, if you dont game GO BUY NVIDIA LOSER!!!!

lol

Back