• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CBBID at ZZF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ri0 said:
Your sig shows 2.4Ghz with your 3000. A 600Mhz OC seems decent for a cou in its infancy. It wasn't until the death of Socket A's (mobile barton cores) that OCing made huge gains. I know some of the 1700's Oced nicely as well, but the mobiles made the masses OCers. I think we were all too spoiled on the mobiles and forget how complex it is to get a great OC. I'll take a 600Mhz OC on my CBBID anyday and be happy with it.

No! This is not a decent OC :mad: Better of to try again. Well I just packed my crap mobo, CPU and my 6600 and fired up my old NF-7 again. I may try again when Venice shows up.

Better kill a dumb @$$ hardware than have a mediocre OC :temper:

AMD4ME said:
I'm running a 3500 CBBID 0451 and it's seem ok for now. Running 290x9 on Asus av8 and currenty running @ 2.7ghz @ 1.625. The 3000 seem to top out around 2.5ghz for me haven't try the 3200 yet.

This is good news! I just put my rig together this January and had not been able to find much information on 3500 Winnies from week 0451. After all of the mixed reviews I have been reading about the CBBID stepping I was afraid that I had found this site too late, but it looks like I may still have a chance.

Does anyone have any good links regarding the 3500 0451’s? Almost everything I come across for 0451 seems to be a 3200 Winnie, which seems odd. When they produce these don’t they do them in batches. I guess I don’t see why there would be so few references to 3500, 0451’s. TIA. Sorry for the ramblings, been lurking here for a while and just have all these questions….

HEY AARCAM WELCOME TO THE FORUMS>>>>>> :welcome:

ANyways about the cbbid's well i have one its a CBBID 0505 and i do think the newer CBBID's clocks a bit better. although the memory controller i guess is still the limiting factor its still very promising, saw two CBBID's with a 05 and above from few friends, they all ran around 2.7 to 2.6. Mine can top 2.75ghz but i have to pound the volts at 1.65 "THANKS SENTENTIAL AGAIN FOR THAT VCORE HELP" but i prefer to run it at 2.6 its colder since its getting hot here in cali.

Hey thanks Fireball. So much for sneaking in through the back.
I need to see what mine can do, but I do have hope the more I read. I currenly have cheap ram (Corsair Value @ 2.5) so I may have to remedy that before I get anything spectacular. I do lots of photoshop and 3D rendering so I went with quantity over quality (stoopid, yes I know....).
Where @ in Cali are you? I am in Santa Monica, so it is not too hot yet for me, but it is getting there. My MB temp has been creeping up since Feb.

yeah, Corsair Value doesnt really cut it if you want to OC an A64 system, I tried it myself :). From most things I've been reading about CBBID's, the higher rated ones (3200+ and 3500+) do much better in general as far as OCing goes. It appears that AMD did a bunch of speed-binning on them and the 3000+'s dont OC well at all. I'm an unfortunate victim of that :(.

Back