• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check My System Out!! (PiCs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it eats everything off the metal and if you dont get it off the metal before to long it eats the metal too. google it if you want details.

You could also cut the rest of the pci slot spacers out, they look kinda weird. But the mirror looks nice. I am thinking about doing a padding mod around the inside of my box any suggestions. The padding came with my case and its about 1/2 inch think.

813_Error said:
You could also cut the rest of the pci slot spacers out, they look kinda weird. But the mirror looks nice. I am thinking about doing a padding mod around the inside of my box any suggestions. The padding came with my case and its about 1/2 inch think.

not really... just measure 2x cut once... I made sure that i left some room away from any electrical things... ie mobo.

I used contact cement to glue the carpet on and it works great.

update:
striping all the paint from inside my case. Im gonna give my case to my cousin who does custom paint jobs in restuarants, on bike helmets, and on a ton of other things... he will paint my case for me... inside and out...
He will paint the outside of my case black to a mirror finish... and the inside to glossy black ( I have a question.... do you think I should have him do the black mirror finish inside my case too???)

OH MY GOD!!! That ducting is AWESOME!!! I love the fogged look on it!

If and when I do another case mod, can I steal the idea?

make sure he does a good job on the clearcoat, cuz if he doesnt, the paint inside will chip horribly when you install your components...... and itll be really noticeably cuz your paint is black

kudos to you for having a cousin that does paint jobs like that. a black mirror finish would be reaaaly sic looking both inside and out. go for it I say. and the mirror is cool...i have seen it done before on this very forum but its not very common and is very nice looking.

here is how my computer looks as I wait for my painted case:

1.jpg

and here is my psu:

2.jpg

anyone know a good way to remove these:
(its hard to paint around these plugs...
2b.jpg

anyone know about the psu??? do you know how to remove the two things on the back of the psu? the only way I see is to cut the wires... anyone have experience with tring to remove the psu from its covering?

Vio1 said:
here is how my computer looks as I wait for my painted case:

1.jpg

and here is my psu:

2.jpg

anyone know a good way to remove these:
(its hard to paint around these plugs...
2b.jpg

lol looks like mine when I was painting..

1048.jpg

so after a few weeks at my cousins for a paint job: nothing done... so I have my case back and I will do it myself... however slowly... I will show pics step by step through the process.

Beautiful Case. I'd be happy with the first paint job but I guess the negative criticism has changed your mind. Anywho theres always room for improvement what ever you do. I'm not sure if you mentioned it but what did you use to make the duct and what is holding it together? Plastic cement?

the duct is made out of old cd case covers, and its crazy glued together.

I NEED SOME HELP FROM THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.... i want to cut out a window on the side of my case.... however I want a design that is original... however not too advanced (no cut out pictures...).. I was wondering ... WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DONE?? If you could, draw out on windows Paint a cut out for my case side. Please post your pics, or send them to me, and then I will choose the one I like best...

here is how my type of case looks like (pic from the antec website)
SX1040BII.jpg

SX1040BII_inside.jpg

things to mention:
1) im going to paint and mirror finish the inside and outside of my case.
2)I dont have the bottom hdd cage installed (unlike in the last pic above)
3)If your too lazy to draw out a design idea, but have seen something really cool... post it...
4) do you think I should make this a new thread?

Vio1 said:

things to mention:
1) im going to paint and mirror finish the inside and outside of my case.
2)I dont have the bottom hdd cage installed (unlike in the last pic above)
3)If your too lazy to draw out a design idea, but have seen something really cool... post it...
4) do you think I should make this a new thread?[/color]

1) that would look awesome

4) this is your thread do with it ahat you may.

I'm not a very good artist but if your doing a mirror finish I think it would look cool if you did a something similar to this by professorx

Cooper58d said:

1) that would look awesome

4) this is your thread do with it ahat you may.

I'm not a very good artist but if your doing a mirror finish I think it would look cool if you did a something similar to this by professorx

thats a $40 case that comes like that :eek:

i think you should make a window that is cut out in some kind of symbol representing hyour name, or something relating to an alias online, etc etc.

I know this is a really quick and crappy 5-minute hack-job in photoshop :D, but I would do something like this to show off the duct:

vio1.jpg

You could make the window over the mobo bigger, round the corners, or use angles and such to kinda match the geometric theme of the duct, but I would definitely work the duct into the cutout.

Here are some idea's for the case: if I were you, I would put an exhaust fan in the top, and another intake fan in that empty fan slot above the sweet duct. For the window, go with a simple thunderbolt, maybe 3 zig-zags, kinda like the power rangers symbol(flippin through channels, saw that and thought it would look nice on that sweet case). I would angle the bolt so it follow the angle of the duct, and maybe put white EL wire/tape around the edges of the bottom of the bolt. The case is sweet, looks like a gem...good luck with it man, maybe you will like the bolt idea, maybe not. I still think it would be pretty sweet and I haven't seen a lightning bolt before, and definatly not with a blue scheme.

Back