• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice of radiator; components of dual loops - recommendations please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Djwaunnie

Hello to all, I’m new to OCForums, and moderately new to water cooling.

My setup is primarily for gaming and does not involve any overclocking or SLI-ing at present, might in the furture.

My case comes with a water cooling kit, it is currently cooling ONLY the CPU, (max temp 43C on idle, 47C with Crysis). GPUs are air cooled presently, 51C on idle, 80C with Crysis.

I wish to water cool the CPU, GPUs 1 & 2, NB, SB, MOSFETs 1 & 2.

Pump: Swiftech MCP655
GPUs 1 & 2: DD-IONE for NVIDIA G92 GT and GTS
NB & SB: 2 x Koolance CHC-125
MOSFET 1: EK-Mosfet 680i part 1
MOSFET 2: EK-Mosfet 680i part 2
Rad, externatl to case: Black Ice GTX480 OR ThermoChill PA120.3: Ambient room temperature: 27 – 30C on most days, occasionally higher.
Tubing: 1/2 and 3/8 inch

Q1: Which radiator is best, GTX480 or PA120.3? I really DO mind fan noise, thus the PA120.3 is likely more appropriate in my case, but will it be efficient enough to adequately cool the components? :confused: I could go for the GTX480 with high cfm fans, use a fan controller, turning them up only when gaming. Your opinions?

Q2: I'll be using 2 loops, one with the custom components aforementioned, and the other with the liquid cooling kit in the TT Armour LCS case. I am unsure of which components to put into which loops. I've been thinking of the following:

Loop 1: (TT Amour LCS kit 3/8 tube): Kit -> CPU -> mosfet 1 -> mosfet 2 -> SB -> back to kit.
Loop 2: (custom components 1/2 inch tube): Res -> pump -> GPU 1 -> GPU 2 -> NB -> rad -> back to res

All recommendations and suggestions are welcomed.

the paseries are optimized for low cfm fans
personally i have no fate in the watercoolinstuff from tt based on experience from the earlyer kits they have
like the bigwaterseries and so on
also they often are mixed metals ( aluminum and copper ) and will corrode over time pluss the sets i've had gave a poor coolingperformance ,
but if your happy with it use it but don't expect to much of it
and as last : welcome to the forums here ( should have been first but ohhwell )
it's a greate place to stay and learn ;-))

The PA120.3 would be a great choice if you mind noise, and yes, it can handle it very well.

Throw out the TT water cooling stuff and you can do a couple things:
1. Put all your components in one big loop with a Feser Quad with some medium speed fans.
2. Split into two loops with 2 swiftech mcr320's.

Back