• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CL SoundBlaster Live/Value Rear Speaker port Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Obsydion

Registered
We have two computers with the above sound card attached. The rear speaker ports on these card just do not work. I have exhausted all tests on these card. Are those outlets suppose to work? Using the latest drivers as well. Would appreciate any help on this matter.
Surround sound and four speakers setup just do not work.. BTW the speakers tried are the Altec Lansing and the Klipsch Promedia 4.1.

Make sure that you connected the rear speakers correctly..... Also in the Sound Blaster menu enable the 4 speakers output. and on the Klipsch speakers move the surround option to the MAX.....

..jubei.. (May 19, 2001 10:18 a.m.):
Make sure that you connected the rear speakers correctly..... Also in the Sound Blaster menu enable the 4 speakers output. and on the Klipsch speakers move the surround option to the MAX.....
Your advice was well taken. Thank. I did all that you have mentioned prior to posting for help. Glad to see that yours work for you. Do you think overclocking the system would result in the problem I am having?

wouldn't think so, but maybe you've got a freak card? I oc my systems with the live card and have yet to have a problem.

Since you have the 4 speaker enabled.........I'm assuming you've checked the obvious? (rear sound is not set to low n stuff like that)

what kind of sound system are you running it on?

The Klipsch Promedia 4.1. See also my signature for system setup. Running WinMe.

The Klipsch Promedia 4.1. See also my signature for system setup. Running WinMe.

I did. The rear one then worked and the front ones did not. I just noticed something else that you may help me with. The rear of the subwoofer is very hot. You can fry a egg of the thing. You can not keep your hands on it for not even one second.

from that, I'd say it's the sound system and not the card. Since you are getting a signal from both the front and rear outputs, it's obviously the speaker system.

my Cambridge gets very warm, but not HOT. Hopefully this is a warranty issue?

Back