• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just need to buy some decent memory and a decent cooler. i dont want water tho. What air cooler would you recommend?

My mobo wont allow me to use 1.65 volts. But it does allow me to use 1.68 volts. Is it safe to put it to 1.68 volts?

Well, 1.68v is getting a little high. A little higher than I would use, but I'm a little conservative. What's the next lower setting available? What you use also depends on actual measured vcore. Some mobos undervolt a little, so you might get by with a little higher setting. That CPU-Z screenshot you posted earlier shows 1.568v, what did you have it set in the BIOS?

mine overvolts. i had it set to 1.5 on the bios and on cpu-z it says 1.6
im gonna leave it how it is to be on the safe side.

I agree with Batboy, if your borad is does'nt undervolt it, 1.68 is a little on the high side, esspecially with default cooling such as you're using. Again as i said, stay around the 1.6v mark with the default cooler to be safe.

Back