• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clumsiest OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
squasher said:
I agree, I feel confident in my clutzieness.
im pretty sure my incident is either the clumsiest or the funniest for everyone but me, since thatll haunt me the rest of my life...but it was still funny

hainer36 said:
i say we make it a yearly award, and whoever is found clumsiest must have it in their sig for the rest of the year

yeah its called the darwin awards, ok, maybe not, but yeah i agree, that would be pretty awsome

LOL.. Shard... none of us has killed ourselves though.... but we probably have felt darn close to dead (especially Nick59007)

yeah... i dn't really compete with either of them.... though i'd probably give it to nick just out of pure respect for a man who can live through that.

oh, i just remebered once i dropped my old graphics card down the stairs (Actually from the loft) it was a 64mb Nvidia, and to this day it still works! :D the only damage was the metal bracket is only just attached, but still works amazingly (although i dont use it :) )

i just did this one yesterday at work...
i was getting a patio set out from the stock room, and i figured it wouldnt be so heavy, i go to pick it up and put it on a cart, and i drop it, everything or at least a fair amount broke, so i put it at the genco(damaged goods) desk and they open it up nothing it broken, the glass was in box 2 of 3, so i come back in through the doors around the desk and with my pump truck (thing to lift skids) i smash into the box and this time i do break everything inside, anll the chairs, the table everything. and i leave it there and tell the person who works there that i think its broken again. i go outside and come back in and i have to do another carry out of a patio set, i made sure it wasnt the same one that i broke and off i go... but i forgot that i had broken a bottle of vim all over the floor in the stock room earlier (which is why my pants look like i have white paint splattered all over em) and i slip, fall, and the patio set keeps on rolling over my hand (luckily it wasnt too heavy, i only got a big bruise and a cut nothing was broken) and it on a perfect angle into a rail (like at the beer store where they send up the beer on the tracks i guess you would call em) and smashed open and 3 or the 5 chairs broke, at that time i was too ****ed off to care so i got some tape, fixed the box and brought it out.
Quick summary: break vim bottle on floor, thought i broke patio set, then i did, then i slipped on vim almost breaking hand and broke another patio set.

i am cursed, god/allah/jesus/whoever you believe in wants me to suffer or die....by the way things have been going, thats how it seems

Last edited:
where do you work?

i remember when i went to go empty the box crusher at work, and i ejected it without binding it first, and it shot boxes everywhere around the recieveing area, and it took me 4 hours to clean up

shard said:
where do you work?

i remember when i went to go empty the box crusher at work, and i ejected it without binding it first, and it shot boxes everywhere around the recieveing area, and it took me 4 hours to clean up

And, this one is the best!!

I have worked the box crusher, annd I have always wondered about that!

Hainer, I have heard of Vim before, and am still wondering what it is? I know it is British, it is a brand name, but what it is, I have no idea.

steve

Well this happened last year. I was at a friends house and we were messing around with his benchpress and i had 1 40 and 1 20 pound weight on my end and he was taking the weights off his end and he told me to hold it up and i was spacing out and the time, and it sorta fell on my foot and kinda hurt. No broken toe, at least that i know of.

I was in the gym all night, so i woke up half dead and tired, went to make a hot cup of tea, i poured the hot water into the cup, i dident notice the cup was upside down owch! :eek:

few hours later my Logitech MOMO racing wheels & pedals stopped working, i had to RMA it back, while taking the plugs out i had to cut off the zip-ties around all the wires under my desk, my sister opened the door and scared me, and my hand squeezed together cutting all the wires, my head hit the desk making a screw driver fall off and go inside the top fan of my X-Dreamer II case, then when i got up i stepped on a tac :bang head, pheew.. what a day that was :p

Ok, not quite the clumsiest thing but pretty embarssing.

My friend and I were riding our bikes around town(yes another endo story...)

Anyway, we decited to run into fred meyer for a bit and get something to drink and i tried to be cool and do a stoppie infront of the pop machine.... I went over the bars and head right into the concrete ground.(sooo glad i had my helmet on)

The worst part was i had clipless Eggbeater petals and couldent get loose so i was writhing around on the ground trying to get up while everyone was walking by and staring...

Gnufsh said:
I also once managed to close line a friend while giving her a hug (that looked painful, and I felt really bad about it).

Best mental image that doesn't involve a nakid woman ever. :D

I've got plenty, give me some time to think of the worst......this could be a while.

skou said:
Hainer, I have heard of Vim before, and am still wondering what it is? I know it is British, it is a brand name, but what it is, I have no idea.
steve
vim (canadian) is a cleaning solution for your bathroom, like scrubbing bubbles i guess?

Back