• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comparison..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgm6780

Registered
I currently have an AZZA KT3-AV mainboard, with a AMD T-Bird 1Ghz... I am going to upgrade to either and AMD XP 1700+ or XP 1800+. My question is I can currently fit the ECS K7S5A w/ AMD XP 1800 + from pricewatch into my budget . SO how does the K7S5A compare with my current AZZA board? I like that the K7S5A supports SDRAM and DDR. (so i can use my 512MB of 168 pin SDRAM while I save to upgrade to DDR) Someone at the local computer shop recommended against buying a board that supports both SDRAM and DDR, he didnt get into why - any ideas on what he was thinking? (I know you cant use both types at same time) I wont be OC'ing either of the boards, I am just looking for good solid performance. My other option is just plugging an XP 1800 + into my current board. (thought I read somewhere I am going to have to track down an updated BIOS, that I was unable to find at AZZA's site, plus I have never updated/installed/editted anything BIOS, so thats a bit of a drawback to current board) Your thoughts please...

NOob

If your board supports the XP them I see no reason for a new board, since you will keep your SDR (the performance difference to DDR is not worth the money).
A bios flash is simple, just a litle risk, follow strictly the instructions and you will have it.
To get the bios go here.

Edited: Can't see your bios there. Also can't find your model board. Check to see if it already has XP support.

Last edited:
Back