• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completely new to ATI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I have never owned an ATI, infact all of my video cards besides one Matrox Mel G400 Max, have been Nvidia. I have no idea what are good programs to use to tweak and overclock it or what are the best drivers to use. Give me a hand here guys. Its an ATI AIW 8500 128MB, btw.

I heard that the AIW is a little harder to O/C then the regular, but whatever. I have never owned an ATI either, but what I have heard is to the download the Rage3d Tweaker and use that. Don't install the F@H with it, or will set you to fold for Team 64.

-PC

Are you saying I cant fold with this installed? If thats the case, I dont want it:) What about powerstrip(I think that is right)?

I use Powerstrip, and it probably would work with the Radeon, its jsut that I heard that the Rage3d tweaker has more options and its made specfially for ATI.

-PC

Ok, good deal. Cause if I couldnt fold I dont know what I would do:) Any suggestions on drivers?

i use riva tuner for my 8500. it has support for it now. as well as support for all nvidia cards. and no stupid tool tip waiting time in the beginning like on powerstrip.

Back