• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Crashes every time i play games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hickz21

Registered
Hi I'm sorry for my bad english...i just want some help with my computer... i recently purchased a new video card and sound card...and when i put them on my mother board it was so closed together...then when im playing games my computer crashes everytime... i dont really know what the problem is...is my video card and sound card is to close together?or my powersupply?sorry im really new to assembling computers...hope somebody could help me out... this is the specs of my computer ...

mobo - gigabyte ma790gp-ds4h
cpu - amd phenom II x4 965
ram - 8 gig ddr2
video card - gigabyte AMD radeon hd 7850 oc version
sound card - creative sound blaster recon 3d fatality champion series
power supply - 650 w
hard drives- 1tb , 1 tb and 2 tb

"When im playing games my computer crashes everytime" means nothing to us without knowing the EXACT error in the BSOD, the OS you're running, and the EXACT critical error event at the time of the latest BSOD taken from the Event Viewer logs.

"When im playing games my computer crashes everytime" means nothing to us without knowing the EXACT error in the BSOD, the OS you're running, and the EXACT critical error event at the time of the latest BSOD taken from the Event Viewer logs.
I'm sorry for not telling you that... but when my computer crashes it doesnt show the blue screen of death... it just shows a white screen with nothing on it... oh and i firgot to tell you also that im using 2 monitors... the other one is my hdtv... and my os is... windows 7 64 bit .... hope you could help me...im really sorry for my lack of knowledge on PCs... =(

I've googled your power supply but can't find anything (specifications) in english. Could you please provide the number of amps (A) running under 12V rails? Cause not all 650W PSU's are in-fact 650W, some don't even give half that on 12V rails.

Should look something like this:
Coolermaster-GX-750-Watt-Power-Supply-Review-05.jpg

Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit Enter. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

I've googled your power supply but can't find anything (specifications) in english. Could you please provide the number of amps (A) running under 12V rails? Cause not all 650W PSU's are in-fact 650W, some don't even give half that on 12V rails.

Should look something like this:
Coolermaster-GX-750-Watt-Power-Supply-Review-05.jpg
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114626&stc=1&d=1345397626 here is my power supply

Attachments

• 000B0534XuZ.jpg
    000B0534XuZ.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 508
Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit Enter. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.
thanks for helping me.... this is what is shown from my event viewer

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114627&stc=1&d=1345398057

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.4 KB · Views: 508
and this
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114628&stc=1&d=1345398427
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114629&stc=1&d=1345398427

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 510
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 508
Re-read my post... those pic's aren't what I asked for.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 8/20/2012 1:33:41 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: hickz-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-19T16:33:41.924014700Z" />
<EventRecordID>7531</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>hickz-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

is this the one?im sorry if im wrong again...=(

Might be three things in my opinion:
- Drivers (gfx card, sound)
- Memory
- Power supply

Check for the latest drivers on the product websites.
Try to test your memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
Try to disconnect every source of power draw you don't need while gaming (discs you don't use, fans etc.)
Also try using your onboard sound device and take out your pci sound card for the test.

Might be three things in my opinion:
- Drivers (gfx card, sound)
- Memory
- Power supply

Check for the latest drivers on the product websites.
Try to test your memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
Try to disconnect every source of power draw you don't need while gaming (discs you don't use, fans etc.)
Also try using your onboard sound device and take out your pci sound card for the test.
ive tried windows memory diagnostic and it says "your computer has a memory problem" what should i do ?

Of your 8 gigs of ram, you probably have 2x4gb? right?
Try to run the diagnostic tool with 1 stick only and switch them out each test.

I have fallen asleep yesterday and left my pc on...and now i have bigger problems...when i tried to restart my pc it doest show anything...=( its blacked out on my mOnitor eventhough the desktop has power...and i cant do anything...i will try that... When my pc starts up...is my memory the problem...

Oh and yes i do have 2gigx4 ram...im also thinking that the problem is my ram cause the other 2 sticks is diffent brand on the other 2 sticks...but ive been using those sticks for nearly 2 years now but no problems...or maybe because of my recently installed video card and sound card that triggered the problems on my ram...im really desperate right now...and thinking of bying a new set of ram and mobo...but that will be my last resort...because of lack on budget and recently purchased cards...=(

did you try to clear CMOS on your motherboard yet?
you have a jumper on your motherboard to do that, it will set your bios on default settings.

should look something like this:
cmos_jumper.jpg

just move the jumper (red plastic cover on the picture) to the right by 1 pin, so you have one free pin on your left. leave it there for 5s then put the cover back to where it was. if you don't have a cover, use a screwdriver and touch the middle and right pin together for a few seconds.

Also try to run your PC without your graphics card, and use the onboard video card.

I am guessing it is the sound card. I am testing out a Crosshair V right now, and one of the issues I am having is compatibility with some older games relating to the fancy sound system this mobo has. I suggest trying to run with the sound card removed. If this card is packed tight to your GPU card you may also be having thermal crashes due to your GPU starving for cooling air .

did you try to clear CMOS on your motherboard yet?
you have a jumper on your motherboard to do that, it will set your bios on default settings.

should look something like this:
cmos_jumper.jpg

just move the jumper (red plastic cover on the picture) to the right by 1 pin, so you have one free pin on your left. leave it there for 5s then put the cover back to where it was. if you don't have a cover, use a screwdriver and touch the middle and right pin together for a few seconds.

Also try to run your PC without your graphics card, and use the onboard video card.
Okey ill try that...:) thanks for helping out! You've been very helpfull...let you know what happens...:)

Back