• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CONEXT MENU HELP PLEASE ?!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
For some strange reason I have duplicate entries in my context menu for WinZip. If I disable the feature BOTH entries go away. I have tried ContextMenuEdit, reinstalling Winzip, etc. . . . While this isnt anything to kill a PC over Im sort of anal about little things. I want to be able to right click and 'Add to Zip' but its all listed 2 times or not at all. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?? Im pulling my hair out

Z
:bang head:bang head:bang head

PS:: I will note this only occurs when right clicking a desktop shortcut. If I drag a file to the desktop and right click it all is normal. ONLY when I right click shortcuts.

EDIT :!:!:!:!:!:!:

FIXED:!:!:!:!:! Apparently when i removed the shortcut arrow I did it the wrong way and it caused XP to not properly associate .lnk files. Here is hte fix. (Huge eyeroll) I hope this however helps someone else.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupcontexts.htm

Zuzzzzz

Last edited:
Back