• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

contests

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

how do i find out about contests and giveaways and stuff?

yes i know this is a really stupid question and ill probably get smacked around for it a little but ill take it

Stickey's usually contain a lot of good info, along with the irc room.

threads will appear, it'll say "next contest" or something like that... just stick around and wait...

good question btw, i once wondered the same thing

Xevuhtess7 said:
cant get irc to work.... it just cant connect to anything. must find how to make it work!

Have you tried the java applet?

i have connection issues to with mIRC in some servers. seems like it's busy or something.

just make sure you don't have any P2P apps like kazaa open. they hog bandwidth like a mofo.

well i just have never used irc before so.... i just need some time to figure it out. ill eventually be "idling" as a lot of cs people say... i dont even know what that means either

Xevuhtess7 said:
well i just have never used irc before so.... i just need some time to figure it out. ill eventually be "idling" as a lot of cs people say... i dont even know what that means either
Filip's site makes it easy to use. Let me just find the link...

no i was just talkin about the dled proggy. i'd rather use the proggy, makes me feel more..... uh...... sophisticated.

why do people want everyone to idle in their channels then if they aren't even there..... just to make themselves feel like they have friends? cause in cs theres so many clan people who are like idle in #retribution (actual clan of local peoples) or whatever....

So there's been quite a few contests in the past? I just started folding halfway through this past CPU Giveaway, and I thought that was impressive...are you telling me this stuff goes on somewhat of a regular basis?! That's sick! (in a good way :p )

that sounds good for me. I feel that I have a chance now since my best friend won an XP in the last contest. (nerdlogic)

There is another contest coming up :) Details will be within the next few weeks.

FOLD ON
NAS

Back