• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling better then case??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsgnsg

i first thinking of just putting my computer parts on a desk with a fan or air conditinair in front of it.. but then thought of what if i put it all in a old cooler or freezer??? how would that work....

not enough ventelation or what.. i could create more..????

so waht are ways of keeping a computer cool without using a case...

if that woulnt work anyone knows a bigger and cooler case then the antec 900...

Fridge or freezer are not designed to withstand and to cool a constant and active heat generating thing inside them.

Simple analogy, your computer is constantly generating let say about 100 watt of heat, then the way to proof it is just put equivalent heat source like 100 watt iron in there, you will figure it out if its worth the shot or not.

PS: No need to try it, it won't work ! ;)

-

Cooler Master Stacker can take like 9 120mm fans. If that's not enough for you then I don't know what is!

Unless you get a meat fridge, for like $600, that will keep your system nice and cool around 0c. Anything else wont be able to keep your system cooler then aimbient temps, it might actually make it worse cause it cant cool the system fast enough.

Another way to do it, is get a room or a window AC unit for around $50-$150 and place your PC/Case in front of it to keep your system cool.

Back