• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper Grease???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLeung

Registered
I live in the Uk, and was wondering if ne1 else uses Copper grease instaed of arctic silver. I've heard some people use it in Uk.

Iced Copper stinks. 2C higher temps than plain old white grease.

I live in the uk and have heard really good reports about the copper grease halfords sell for break pad cooling, I intend on getting some next week (along with lapping sandpaper) so I'll let you know how it compares with AS

Phil (Apr 12, 2001 03:09 p.m.):
I live in the uk and have heard really good reports about the copper grease halfords sell for break pad cooling, I intend on getting some next week (along with lapping sandpaper) so I'll let you know how it compares with AS

if it can conduct electricity, it is bad. If not, then i would think it would be decent.

I'm not too sure on this matter, some people say it does, other claim to have tested it and that it doesn't, but as long as you are careful with it it should be fine, AS can be condictive in some circumstances, if you are using it on memory chips for example and a bit gets between the pins theres a good chance it may short

Vantech's Iced Copper was tested by an Australian Site. Their results were similar to mine. It performed so poorly, that I don’t remember any other Sites bothering to test it. The only person I am aware of in the US that sold it was Leufkens. To his credit, Tom quietly discontinued it after his first stock order sold out. If copper worked well in a thermal compound, Artic Silver would have a copper based compound. Plain old thermal grease from Radio Shack is a better choice.

Back