• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 2500K Sapphire 7870 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope. Same result :(

Like I said, it was working before the OC insident.. even if the card isnt damaged, something went wrong?

Whats wrong with send back a card and getting a fresh new working one?

The fact that the card is working fine is my problem with it. You are returning a working card. That cost essentially comes back to the consumer.

Listen, you need to troubleshoot this more. Have you tried reinstalling the games it happens in?

Understand it doesnt make much sense that a CPU overclock failed, and now your GPU isnt working properly (hardware failure). Its like your engine throwing a rod and you saying that caused the brakes not to work. Sure they are both on the car, but it is generally unrelated (unless that rod blew through a brake line... :p).

no sir.

GPU OC failed

oh silly earth! you always misunderstand me! same with the case fans.. are you going blind in your old age? :p

Oh geez... anyway...you are back at stock speeds now for the GPU, correct?

Try switching driver versions. If you have the newest, go one back. If you dont have the newest, use that.

Also try uninstalling in SAFE mode using a program called Driver Cleaner Pro. So, to hold you hand as I know you will ask....

1. DL and install DCPro (its free).
2. Boot in to safe mode (usually pressing F8 gets you to that menu)
3. Use DCPro to uninstall all your drivers (either ATI or Nvidia)
4. Reboot.
5. Let windows figure things out for a second, then install another driver.
6. Reboot... report back.

no I am runing at +5volts over ****....... OF course I am back to stock! :p

Why is everyone telling me to change drivers? Does OCing also cause driver failures sometimes?

And no, I wasn't going to ask, it was pretty obivous

It can corrupt drivers, yes.

What Knufire said up top is true. It is VERY difficult to kill a card just by overclocking 100Mhz (which is a big jump for a GPU).

Outside of a complete reinstall of the OS, or trying the card in a different PC, I would return the card... and dont overclock like 200Mhz at one shot time next time. :p

Lol I Should have asked Overclockers.com/forums :p

I thought it was just straight forwqard.. But NOPE I will nerver ever ever over clock again unless in a few years they release a game with advanced graphics and I will die if I dont play that game and I can't afford a better graphics card

LOL, you are so dramatic. This is not par for the course. Baby steps in overclocking. Im floored that it could even be the card still personally.

Let me say it one more time

It was working fine I got good FPS onthe games and suddenly after the crash, I am getting glitches and crashes everytime the GPU has to render decent stuff

Now tell me that it isnt easy to think that A caused B!

We got it the first time. Like we have told you, ALMOST as much as you have insisted and told us, its rare for that to happen like that so we looked at other, much more common possibilities first. Saying 'I told you so' really sours people on helping out I have to admit.

GL with your new card, I hope that is the problem. :)

When did I imply a " I told you so"?

I was unsure wether you understood the situation or if you just skimmed over the parts where I said it!

But okay! they told me I can send it back after I get the new card! amazon FTW!

Cross shipping is awesome. :)

I understood the situation (that it was the GPU that you overclocked) several posts ago after you cleared it up (I replied). Then you posted it again. No worries man.

Whats cross shipping? on second thought, the name gives it awway

and thanks as always earth and knu

No mate, you will not lose the screen if you uninstall the drivers... you will have a fcked up resolution..that's all.. So do yourself a favor, go in control panel - programs and features - go on the gpu driver, right click - unistall. Don't get scared at this point... your resolution will be very small but you can see what your doing. So put your graphics CD inside (or go and download) reinstall the driver, restart and see how it is. It should work. I had 5 computers till now and all had issues solved by this simple process.

Good luck mate and tell us how it was in the end!

Back