• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ric2L

Wish I had an extra $1500 lying around, the even have an Asus Rampage II Extreme further down the page. The P6T says Crossfire & SLI support

Drooooooolllling!!!!

I'm a bit hesitant on this platform. I want benches before I shove out $900 for a CPU, RAM, and a MOBO that I don't even know will give a good benefit in gaming.

my total was 881 with shipping and 6gigs of ram....damn this **** is expensive... any one know what the oc palm thing does? (its on the asus board)

my total was 881 with shipping and 6gigs of ram....damn this **** is expensive... any one know what the oc palm thing does? (its on the asus board)

I was wondering the same thing myself, $40.00 more for oc palm as compared to the other P6T

Damn, didnt take you long to order, must have been waiting for this day to get here!

Micro Center has this available in store today.

$299 for 920
$999 for 965
DS58S0 $299 (extra $20 off with chip purchase)
Asus P6T $309 (extra $20 off with chip purchase)
Gigabyte EX58 $349

About 2 weeks ago this guy shopping at Micro Center was trying to talk like a genius and he was telling this other customer to wait for i7 to come out and that the chips would be $249 and EX58 $149 on release day. I laughed at him and said they would be $300 and $300 and the cheaper boards wouldn't be out for a while.

I am also hesitant to get anything yet, I dont see that much of a difference between the i7 and the tried and true 775. Heck, i'm getting speeds on my
Q9450 that costs over a grand for the i7. i'm not certain of the benifits of the L3 cache, but my L2 is 4mb bigger than the i7. Again I haven't researched any of this, but I would def like to see some bench marks.

For us Canadians, NCIX prolly won't put up their prices until atleast November 19th, so i don't know how much it costs just yet...

NCIX only got 17 940's in and said they dont plan on getting any more soon.

6GB DDR3 1600 kits are pretty much all gone. Yesterday they only had 3 left.

The indications I got is stock is going to be low for a little while.

I would wait until next year (January) until manufacturers put out cheaper motherboards for the Nehalem if you want the latest and greatest, but have no intentions to OC.

Back