• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core X71 fit an E-ATX gamble???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DefiantReaper

So i was going to gamble and see if the Thermaltake Core X71 will fit the X99 Godlike Gaming mobo...
The case technically only supports the ATX but i think itd fit. as its a monstrous case.
If not then i guess ill have to go the z170 route and get the xpower titanium but id really like to have the extra 2 cores

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Why can't you use an X99 ATX motherboard?
Doesn't look like you'll be able to use any cable management if you use an eATX board.

dylskee

Yeah the E-ATX will run about another 1/2" wider and cover about half of the access slots for cable management but I still think it will work.

EDIT: I have this case and I can send you pictures and dimensions if you'd like?

OP
DefiantReaper

DefiantReaper

Yeah the E-ATX will run about another 1/2" wider and cover about half of the access slots for cable management but I still think it will work.

EDIT: I have this case and I can send you pictures and dimensions if you'd like?

Yeah man thatd be awesome! Id love some pics
I plan on getting the Thermaltake wp100 after its released and i can see some reviews on it and figured that the core x71 was the next pick for me and its $300 cheaper lol

maxfly

wut he sed :D id post pics but its to early to mess with my camera. seriously what dylskee said is spot on. altho there is a new x71 variant https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133349&ignorebbr=1 that does accept eatx mbs but its alot shorter