• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core2Duo + SLI, finaly :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitbyaprkedcar7

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2820&p=2

Basic Features: ASUS P5NSLI

ASUS P5NSLI Specifications
CPU Interface: LGA775-based Pentium 4, Pentium 4 XE, Celeron D,
Pentium D, and Core 2 Duo processors.
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 570SLI - SPP (C19-A3)
NVIDIA nForce 570SLI - MCP (MCP51-A2)
Front Side Bus: 1066 / 800 / 533 MHz
Front Side Bus Speeds: Auto, 533MHz ~ 1600MHz in 1MHz increments
Memory Speeds: Auto, 400MHz ~ 1200MHz in 1MHz increments
Memory Timings: Auto, CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRC, Command Rate
PCI Bus Speeds: Fixed
PCI Express Bus Speeds: Default, 100MHz ~ 150MHz in 1MHz increments
Set Processor Multiplier: Auto, (1X step increments for EE or X series)
LDT Multipliers: 1x, 2x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, 5x
Core Voltage: Auto, 0.8375V to 1.6000V (in 0.0125V increments).
DRAM Voltage: Auto, 1.8V to 2.1V (in 0.1V increments)
SPP Chipset Voltage: 1.4V. 1.5V
CPU Termination: 1.25V, 1.35V
Memory Slots: (4) x DIMM, max. 4GB per DIMM
max. 16GB total system memory
DDR2 667/533, non-ECC, unbuffered memory
Expansion Slots: (2) x PCI-E X16 (operates in X8+X8 mode for SLI)
(3) x PCI-E X1
(2) x PCI 2.3
Onboard SATA: NVIDIA nForce 570SLI:
(4) x SATA II
Onboard IDE: NVIDIA nForce 570SLI:
(2) x UltraDMA 133/100/66/33
SATA/IDE RAID: NVIDIA nForce 570SLI:
(4) x SATA II
RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5
Onboard USB2.0: (8) USB2.0 ports
Onboard LAN: Marvell 88E8001 PCI 10/100/1000Mb/s Ethernet LAN
Onboard Audio: ADI 1986A, 6-channel capable HD Audio
Power Connectors: 24-pin ATX
4-pin ATX 12V
Back Panel I/O Ports: 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x Parallel (LPT)
1 x Serial (COM 1)
1 x S/PDIF Coaxial Out
1 x Audio I/O Panel
1 x RJ45
4 x USB
Features: AI Tuning - Manual, Auto, Standard, AI Overclock - 9 options
System Clock Mode - CPU only, Memory Only, CPU/Memory
BIOS: Award 0601

Sorry if this is a repost.

so max of 400fsb can be set in bios? lets see if it will actually run that fast, i have a hard time believing it will. :)

ya nvidia has to release intel chipset SLI drivers soon or else they will be pretty skrewed... ima just grab a Asus P5w DH delux and i KNO they will come out with thoes drivers soon.

Iv only seen results on intels chipsets, not nvidias, but have always been under the impression nvidia+intel do not mix?

Where is this 400fsb statement coming from?

Im confused... :bang head

Front Side Bus Speeds: Auto, 533MHz ~ 1600MHz in 1MHz increments

/4 = 400

The 570SE is not really new. Its a tweaked 570 to handle the 1066 bus. Otherwise its still the same old crappy 570 chipset.

The 590's should be out very soon. Those are the ones to wait for and see if they can run at 500 fsb.

Daleon said:
The 590's should be out very soon. Those are the ones to wait for and see if they can run at 500 fsb.

kingpin and shammino already have 590 mobo's and they benched them at 400FSB with X6800's.. So far so :bang head

Man, i called this MONTHS ago, NOTHING is gonna overclock a INTEL proc, cept a INTEL chipset, or the new ATI chipset that is coming out... Nvidia dropped the ball BIG time with the whole "c-19" fiasco.. Like i said, its gonna be a joke at overclocking......:rolleyes:

...and perhaps a miracle to those who desire a cheap SLI Conroe config who will do little to no OC'ing (the thing's going for between $118-125 USD). It's probably good to note this board isn't targeted towards the enthusiast market.

Monque said:
...and perhaps a miracle to those who desire a cheap SLI Conroe config who will do little to no OC'ing (the thing's going for between $118-125 USD). It's probably good to note this board isn't targeted towards the enthusiast market.

i would think that anything SLi is targeted at the enthusiast market. it may be cheap, but it is aimed at us or maybe moreso people who owned AMD NF setups in the past, that cannot accept that NF + Intel sux. i've seen many many posts from AMD owners saying they are waiting for a DFI NF5 board to run a C2D.

It won't matter if the Chipset sucks at OC'ing :( But remember these guys do OEM contracts too, so yes while an SLI retail boxed mobo is angled toward enthusiasts they might make the board for OEM contracts as well.

And Nasgul is right, if there were an SLI board that could reliably do 400FSB that would make a good base for an SLI system. I just have a feeling Intel kind of shafts NV when it comes to help making their chipsets maybe especially with the memory controller, after all NV's AMD chipsets are pretty good so their engineers aren't totally incapable of making good ones.

Spoke too soon. Anandtech even states its a "value performance" board for the enthusiast market. The fact its such a poor contender for the "Enthusiast" lable made me take it as a budget board to begin with.

Well, that and vendors like Alienware peddling SLI to the large portion of folks who wouldn't ever touch the BIOS if they could help it (not being elitist here... I'm closer to that end of the spectrum than most of the hard oc'ers at this forum). As it is, it still stands as a great low-cost solution for those not caring to OC to any high degree.

Patience my friends....Nvidia is tewsting it's intel drivers right now....they claim to want it to be "issue free" before they release it. I'm cool with that..:beer:

590 is not going to be a low cost option.. it will be well over $200 bucks retail.

MadMan..
"after all NV's AMD chipsets are pretty good so their engineers aren't totally incapable of making good ones."

wait untill ATI and AMD make chipsets for the AMD platform.. then NV chipsets will be exposed for what they really are ;)

I did say TOTALLY incapable. NV chipsets for AMD are pretty good you can't deny that. I do suspect Intel holds back a bit from NV whereas AMD might not have.

Back